LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 08-25-2015, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Loaner bikes?

Is it common for dealerships to offer loaner bikes when a customer has theirs in for service? I ask because I've had mine in for warranty work twice and it's supposed to go in today for the third. When I bought the bike I was told they could pick up and deliver it for free but when I ask, there's never a driver available so I have to take time off work and have my wife take time off to run me back to work, then we both take time off to go pick it up. They told me they do not offer loaners to anyone.

I've heard some people on another forum say if you're a good customer they will, so maybe it's because I bought a low end bike? I would think that a customer who has had repeated warranty issues would be treated better to retain that customer?
Rock270 and zz52cadie like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 08-25-2015, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
I was after explaining it was my only mode of transportation. Not typical from my understanding and paying for the insurance is costly (ran me over $100 for a week). Now figure I had to do that twice in two months. That was a payment and a half I'd much rather have spent it on.
Rock270 likes this.
post #3 of 18 Old 08-25-2015, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
under your situation, I would talk directly with the general manager or the owner of that dealership. explain your situation, and wait for the answer.

if they do not even try to work with you , then let us know about it.

also let them know this info will be shared with many other owners of these bikes via this forum and it will been seen worldwide.

then see if they are willing to try to help you out.

let them know, it's their defective product that is taking you and your wife away from making a living having to do their job!

again, if not, then we all should start writing corporate HD.
you can also file a complaint with your states lemon law, and even file a complaint with the federal consumer product protection agency, BBB and any one else you can think of!......contact even news media, bike magazine writers, and also your states attorney generals office!

they can easily be responsible in all this , we will see if they actually care about customers, especially in your situation.

post #4 of 18 Old 08-25-2015, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock270 View Post
under your situation, I would talk directly with the general manager or the owner of that dealership. explain your situation, and wait for the answer.

if they do not even try to work with you , then let us know about it.

also let them know this info will be shared with many other owners of these bikes via this forum and it will been seen worldwide.

then see if they are willing to try to help you out.

let them know, it's their defective product that is taking you and your wife away from making a living having to do their job!

again, if not, then we all should start writing corporate HD.
you can also file a complaint with your states lemon law, and even file a complaint with the federal consumer product protection agency, BBB and any one else you can think of!......contact even news media, bike magazine writers, and also your states attorney generals office!

they can easily be responsible in all this , we will see if they actually care about customers, especially in your situation.
I dropped the bike off at the dealer this morning after my post. They refuse to offer a loaner, and every time I ask about getting it picked up and dropped of, the driver is busy. I've never talked to the GM of the dealership, maybe I need to try that.

Before I took it in I talked to one of the service guys and he told me to make sure the tank was low so it would act up when they test drove. I just filled it and I was trying to figure out how to siphon the fuel out when it dawned on me. I refuse to drive this in an unsafe state, so I drove it in full and told them I refuse to drive it in that condition, that they can pump the fuel out and make it act up. The Service Manager came out and said he knew what the problem was and a test ride was not needed.

I won't go into all the details here, but there are a few other red flags in my mind in regards to this dealership so I won't be spending another penny there. I'm going to visit another HD dealer who's nearby to see how I feel about them, I might take my business to them in the future.
top and Rock270 like this.
post #5 of 18 Old 08-25-2015, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static07 View Post
I dropped the bike off at the dealer this morning after my post. They refuse to offer a loaner, and every time I ask about getting it picked up and dropped of, the driver is busy. I've never talked to the GM of the dealership, maybe I need to try that.

Before I took it in I talked to one of the service guys and he told me to make sure the tank was low so it would act up when they test drove. I just filled it and I was trying to figure out how to siphon the fuel out when it dawned on me. I refuse to drive this in an unsafe state, so I drove it in full and told them I refuse to drive it in that condition, that they can pump the fuel out and make it act up. The Service Manager came out and said he knew what the problem was and a test ride was not needed.

I won't go into all the details here, but there are a few other red flags in my mind in regards to this dealership so I won't be spending another penny there. I'm going to visit another HD dealer who's nearby to see how I feel about them, I might take my business to them in the future.
Or find an Indian dealer
Rock270 likes this.

"Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead."
post #6 of 18 Old 08-25-2015, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyDevilKing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static07 View Post

Or find an Indian dealer
My next bike will not come from this dealer and I'm seriously considering something other than an HD. But that depends on how this recall goes and if it truly takes care of the issue.
Rock270 likes this.
post #7 of 18 Old 08-26-2015, 01:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I would not get another Harley for the next time I buy a bike. The Street 500 is nice and I enjoy it, but their attitude towards the recall, plus the over the top expense for a bike that is missing a lot of functionality (mirrors, better brakes, etc.) is a bit silly. Like I said, I like my bike, but to have a company tell me to just fill up more often so that I don't crash and possibly be ran over by a car is not exactly in line with my beliefs.
Static07, JONBERG, Rock270 and 1 others like this.
post #8 of 18 Old 08-26-2015, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
The only way I'd purchase another HD is if I can find a decent condition FXR. After my experience with all the headaches that come with EFI, I'm ready to go back to my carbs.
charlesskelter and Static07 like this.

www.youtube.com/howlonwheels
Motorcycle Film Festival
1973 CB500 Four
2015 HD Street 750
post #9 of 18 Old 08-26-2015, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
First and last new vehicle purchase with this bike. Only EFI bike I'd possibly buy in the future would be an F4I. I'm not at all concerned if it's Harley or not. The ridiculous service costs would be negligible on a used one since I'd just do it all myself.

The text above is my opinion. Feel free to ignore it. I do.
post #10 of 18 Old 08-26-2015, 10:34 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
I have to admit, I've never seen as much drama, problems, uninformed arrogant dealer, safety issues, or anything else with any of the other bikes I've ever owned, and over 50 years that has been a lot!

I really do like my lil Harley a lot.
but knowing what I know now, i'm not real sure i'd even buy a Harley.
my total experience with the Harley brand has not been what I expected. it appears to me that we are at the very bottom of the food chain when it comes to many different issues. it's not enough for them to make $2k above the retail sticker price to pay for all those new dealerships, but seems like we are treated like we are bothering them anytime we try to get anything done.

well, my money is just as green as anyone elses and I can change where I spend it, and that is no longer inside the dealership.

there was several blunders made In the design and manufacture of these bikes. some of the decision makers didn't make some of the best decisions. those of us that jumped in there to get these off the ground has come up with the short end of the stick in several ways.

the newer 2016 models has some upgrades that ours should have had from it's first introduction.
Solo750owner and Static07 like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page