post #1 of 22 Old 09-09-2015, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
I just need to vent

Hi all. I just Need to Vent.

Now I am starting to regret trading my Majesty for the Street 750. So many factors. I'm starting to wonder if I have "Sucker" written on my head. Here is where it started.

Dealer told me back on Aug 18 that I was approved for $0 Down and 6.99%. I gave a $200 Deposit to hold the bike. Sept 5 I go to do the trade. Now all of a sudden if I want the 6.99% Loan I need to put down an Additional $1200 or so. Plus the Trade. Which was supposed to be paid off. And rolled into the new loan. Payment (Aug 18) was just a little more than I was paying on the Majesty. Now its almost $30 More per month.
I called Rider Insurance on Aug 20. My Motorcycle Insurance Co. And asked what the difference would be. I was told around $50 more per year. Today I check the website. The difference is now $130 More. Due on Sept 24. I only have one paycheck, Sept 11 before this date. I get paid on Sept 25. That's got to cover my Car payment and whatever is left on the Yamaha financing. From some Service work and Purchases. The Street payment is due 10/5. I get paid again 10/9.
What did I get myself into???

2019 Hyundai Kona SE Surf Blue

2018 Custom 1200 Black Tempest

Last edited by Tucsonmax1; 09-09-2015 at 11:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 09-09-2015, 11:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Sorry for your probs. All I can say is that every bike I've ever bought from a dealer, it ended up being somehow "more".
I think I was lucky to find a used Street, at a non-HD dealer who found me good financing.

But there's always a sting.

Could you get your scooter back and just eat the $200 maybe, or maybe they will have the decency to refund it and just cancel the deal?

Anyway, good luck.
post #3 of 22 Old 09-10-2015, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I think the paperwork is in motion.

Going into this, I knew the Costs might be higher. But not that much higher. And to make matters worse, I just Renewed Motorcycle Reg, Insurance, Car Insurance renewal, PO Box, And a few other things back in August. And I have been trying to sell off my spare parts from the Majesty. People say they were interested in some of the parts (Filters, Drive Belt) then never hear back from them. That's not helping matters.

Thanks Emzdogz

post #4 of 22 Old 09-10-2015, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucsonmax1 View Post
Hi all. I just Need to Vent.

Now I am starting to regret trading my Majesty for the Street 750. So many factors. I'm starting to wonder if I have "Sucker" written on my head. Here is where it started.

Dealer told me back on Aug 18 that I was approved for $0 Down and 6.99%. I gave a $200 Deposit to hold the bike. Sept 5 I go to do the trade. Now all of a sudden if I want the 6.99% Loan I need to put down an Additional $1200 or so. Plus the Trade. Which was supposed to be paid off. And rolled into the new loan. Payment (Aug 18) was just a little more than I was paying on the Majesty. Now its almost $30 More per month.
I called Rider Insurance on Aug 20. My Motorcycle Insurance Co. And asked what the difference would be. I was told around $50 more per year. Today I check the website. The difference is now $130 More. Due on Sept 24. I only have one paycheck, Sept 11 before this date. I get paid on Sept 25. That's got to cover my Car payment and whatever is left on the Yamaha financing. From some Service work and Purchases. The Street payment is due 10/5. I get paid again 10/9.
What did I get myself into???

A couple of things here
First off check around on the insurance I have seen different companies be way off on pricing

Call the bank and ask for a change of payment dates it is done all the time
Look for your own financing
remember most dealers make money on the financing
One other thing I dont know about your credit but 6.99 % isnt that good of deal on financing
I had thought harley has 2.99% on right now
post #5 of 22 Old 09-13-2015, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
This has been nothing but a Nightmare.

A few months back I purchased 6 Qts Valvoline 10/40 oil for the Majesty from Walmart.Com. As the local stores had problems with it not being in stock. Today I go to Exchange for 20/50. Same price. After 1/2 hour in the store I got told to take it up with Walmart.com. I called Walmart.Com and got told that they wont allow it. No I am stuck with a 6 Qts. of 10/40 I can't use. In addition to all the extra Filters from the Majesty.

Yesterday I went to return the GPS mount I was sold by another motorcycle shop. Brand new. Sealed package. Got hit with a 30% Restock Fee. Then would only give me Store Credit. And I just picked it up a week before.

Last edited by Tucsonmax1; 09-13-2015 at 09:17 AM.
post #6 of 22 Old 09-13-2015, 11:43 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
I'm sure you could sell the oil to some one that needs to change the oil in their car....and the filters?....sell them on ebay

as far as the gps mount....I'd also sell it to some one you know...but most of all ....do not do business again, with the shop that treated ya wrong!....and let them know that and tell everyone you know how they treat customers!
post #7 of 22 Old 09-14-2015, 05:58 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks. I have been trying to sell the oil filters on Ebay. Only asking $4 each. Less than I paid. The Oil? Trying to see if Walmart will be kind and exchange. Maybe I can take to an Auto Parts store and exchange??

post #8 of 22 Old 09-16-2015, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Finally got some GOOD News!!! Rider Insurance gave me a Discount since I've been a customer since 06. Now the rate is what they told me it would be back on Aug 20. About $44 More than the 2010 Majesty.

post #9 of 22 Old 09-17-2015, 03:22 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucsonmax1 View Post
Finally got some GOOD News!!! Rider Insurance gave me a Discount since I've been a customer since 06. Now the rate is what they told me it would be back on Aug 20. About $44 More than the 2010 Majesty.
Awesome news, mate..!

I'D rather live just 1 day as a Tiger,
Than a thousand as a sheep.
post #10 of 22 Old 09-18-2015, 06:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Walmart just got back to me. They sent me an Agreement to do the refund. Which would be to the Walmart Card. Which currently has a $0 balance. I told them a Gift Card would be fine. As I could use that towards the 20/50 oil. Just sat down and started reading it. They want me to Ship the 6 Qts of oil back to Walmart.com. And I have no idea how much that is going to cost? Think it would be cheaper for me to just exchange it at Auto Parts stores. I only have 7 days from the e-mail date to accept the offer.

Last edited by Tucsonmax1; 09-18-2015 at 06:35 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page