A list of issues with your street - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 110 Old 10-05-2015, 04:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
A list of issues with your street

I thought it would be a good idea for people to list here any problems they've had with their street 500 / 750 . Also, talk about what your mechanic / dealership says and how to prob;em was resolved. Perhaps if we see patterns with issues it might help us with problems figure stuff out for ourselves or help the mechanic get stuff done a bit faster.

I've just had mine taken away and i thought it was the fuel pump but harley thinks it's a problem with the fan. I can post the details once i get it back tomorrow.

Just an idea, feel free to delete if there's already something like this out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 110 Old 10-05-2015, 04:53 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
For me, it's too negative....i'd rather concentrate on the positive sides of my bike.

Understand (sort of) what you want to do, but there are specific posts here, Mirrors, Lag and Leap to name a couple....i'd personally prefer that is where we discuss "issues"

But that is just my view

....enjoy the Street !!!

Ray
Haulin on a Lo and 10-64 like this.
post #3 of 110 Old 10-05-2015, 05:40 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I don't think it's negative at all. i think it's a good way for a community to identify potentially consistent issues and help each other out
Rock270 and 10-64 like this.

post #4 of 110 Old 10-05-2015, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
I think some of these issues may have been corrected with the 2016 models, but:

Stock mirrors are not positioned widely enough to allow for rear view.

Breaks are sub-par for a modern bike. Serious lack of power and feedback.

Not really bike-related, but a general disdain towards the model from many dealers, from the sales floor to the parts counter. HD builds a modern bike with what could be an actual performance engine, and the dealers don't seem to care and a year in there is a serious lack of internal modification support. Look at the other bikes, which have options for different tanks, different riding positions, etc. ****, I'd just like to see an option for larger wheels.
Rock270 and 10-64 like this.

www.youtube.com/howlonwheels
Motorcycle Film Festival
1973 CB500 Four
2015 HD Street 750
post #5 of 110 Old 10-05-2015, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I agree
post #6 of 110 Old 10-05-2015, 03:22 PM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Garage
Mirrors should be a warranty replacement item.

Seems like a bad safety issue when you can't see directly behind you. Left and right lane views are fine, just cant see $H1T right behind you.

Otherwise, its a great bike
Rock270 and Propnut like this.

I hate autocorrect. I always end up posting some thong I didn't Nintendo.

2015 XG750 Street - Denim Black (Sold)
2010 Suzuki C50T
2007 Kawasaki KLXs (Sold in 2010)
post #7 of 110 Old 10-05-2015, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
"Not really bike-related, but a general disdain towards the model from many dealers, from the sales floor to the parts counter. HD builds a modern bike with what could be an actual performance engine, and the dealers don't seem to care and a year in there is a serious lack of internal modification support. Look at the other bikes, which have options for different tanks, different riding positions, etc."

This is not all that surprising, the VRods were (and sometimes still are) not well accepted when they were introduced & that was nearly 15 years ago.
There are even some narrow minded people who refer to mid 80s Evo engines as "modern crap". It might take a few years before the range of accessories from HD are as vast as what you can get for a Vrod.
Rock270 likes this.
post #8 of 110 Old 10-06-2015, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlOnWheels View Post
I think some of these issues may have been corrected with the 2016 models, but:

Stock mirrors are not positioned widely enough to allow for rear view.

Breaks are sub-par for a modern bike. Serious lack of power and feedback.

Not really bike-related, but a general disdain towards the model from many dealers, from the sales floor to the parts counter. HD builds a modern bike with what could be an actual performance engine, and the dealers don't seem to care and a year in there is a serious lack of internal modification support. Look at the other bikes, which have options for different tanks, different riding positions, etc. ****, I'd just like to see an option for larger wheels.

same here...mostly agree!....I'm ok with the engine power and gas tank though.
post #9 of 110 Old 10-06-2015, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Apart from the stock mirror issue, I have been very happy with my 750. My replacement mirrors work like a charm, and the bike runs on the smell of an oil rag. I have not yet experienced a moment with the brakes that have caused me concern. And, yes, I have had to once stop real quick, to beat the camera at the red light, that was on the point of flashing.

Overall I ride within my limits, and do get an adrenaline rush when the red mist descends, but my new blood pressure tablets are starting to keep that under control.
JONBERG, Rock270, 10-64 and 1 others like this.

2015 Street 750 Vivid Black
post #10 of 110 Old 10-07-2015, 05:20 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolution-x View Post
"Not really bike-related, but a general disdain towards the model from many dealers, from the sales floor to the parts counter. HD builds a modern bike with what could be an actual performance engine, and the dealers don't seem to care and a year in there is a serious lack of internal modification support. Look at the other bikes, which have options for different tanks, different riding positions, etc."

This is not all that surprising, the VRods were (and sometimes still are) not well accepted when they were introduced & that was nearly 15 years ago.
There are even some narrow minded people who refer to mid 80s Evo engines as "modern crap". It might take a few years before the range of accessories from HD are as vast as what you can get for a Vrod.

your dealer sounds like our dealer
Deepaksit22 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page