Street 750 2016 model or 2017 model?? - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 01-12-2016, 02:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Street 750 2016 model or 2017 model??

Hey guys im thinking of buying street 750 by march/april but i hv heard that HD launch new model in sept each yr is that true?? I hv heard that 2016 street750 was launched in sept 2015.
Well everything in 2016 model is good. brakes hv been upgraded and according to me that was the only weakness street had BUT
The hope that HD can include ABS in 2017 model is killing me. If i buy 2016 model and within months if HD launches 2017 model with ABS i will feel like a stupid.
However i do feel i hv waited enough so if HD have a history of launching in September new modelS than i can wait couple of month not more than that. Plz give ur suggestions
Harley showroom is far from my place so really DONT wanna go there to enquire. i hv visited and called them enough till now and they were helpful bt i think a common prespective will be much better.
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-29-2016, 04:21 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to ersanjeev84 Send a message via Skype™ to ersanjeev84
Yes you are right "ABS" is one we are missing,
I recently bough 2016 model in this month & braking wise i was about to met with accident rear wheel skid badly,
Then though turn to my mind for ABS,

After market breaking pad are available which might improve performance, but ABS make a huge difference.
post #3 of 15 Old 03-01-2016, 12:12 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
And no doubt there will be a couple of 'new' colours for '17

post #4 of 15 Old 03-01-2016, 03:23 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
As things sit now there is no major changes to XG's next year colors a few like they added blue this year but don't expect ABS this is a budget bike they "upgrades" to the brakes are a bigger handles over the 15 models and the rear calipers are made by a different maker the same one who makes the India made Harleys look at their rear reservoir made back in 2013 but they put the exact same pressure on the pad (yes I checked) and the rear brake peddle has cut outs in the metal too... Having your rear skid sucks but abs wouldn't have slowed you down much better and in some rare cases a skid will save your life. My suggestion ride out of danger not brake out. On a bike you can stop a lot faster due to size and weight over a car but we also can turn, lean and move out of danger a lot better as well advanced rider courses are a great thing and good track course will teach you even more. Steel braided lines and new pads will do amazing things to reaction and response of brakes on this bike lighter rims also help and depending on ridding tires come into play as well.

Living the dream
post #5 of 15 Old 03-01-2016, 06:59 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyvet View Post
As things sit now there is no major changes to XG's next year colors a few like they added blue this year but don't expect ABS this is a budget bike they "upgrades" to the brakes are a bigger handles over the 15 models and the rear calipers are made by a different maker the same one who makes the India made Harleys look at their rear reservoir made back in 2013 but they put the exact same pressure on the pad (yes I checked) and the rear brake peddle has cut outs in the metal too... Having your rear skid sucks but abs wouldn't have slowed you down much better and in some rare cases a skid will save your life. My suggestion ride out of danger not brake out. On a bike you can stop a lot faster due to size and weight over a car but we also can turn, lean and move out of danger a lot better as well advanced rider courses are a great thing and good track course will teach you even more. Steel braided lines and new pads will do amazing things to reaction and response of brakes on this bike lighter rims also help and depending on ridding tires come into play as well.
How exactly will brakes, or braking, be improved with the addition of "steel brake lines?" I do not know what the braking benefits associated with this upgrade would be.

Thanks for the info

Best,

USVet96

Veteran - Air Force Special Operations (AFSOC)

"Ad Astra per Aspera"

2016 Street 750
post #6 of 15 Old 03-01-2016, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
It takes out the flex/expansion of the rubber linew giving quicker response.
Navyvet likes this.
post #7 of 15 Old 03-01-2016, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
And looks way cooler too!
post #8 of 15 Old 03-01-2016, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Garage
You'd waste a whole summer of riding to wait until the Fall, then only to see "if" they have ABS

I hate autocorrect. I always end up posting some thong I didn't Nintendo.

2015 XG750 Street - Denim Black (Sold)
2010 Suzuki C50T
2007 Kawasaki KLXs (Sold in 2010)
post #9 of 15 Old 03-01-2016, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyvet View Post
The EU is in the process of requiring motorcycles sold after January 1, 2016 to have ABS. I found the following on Love biking, Love this - Bringing Bikers together I Bike Social

"ABS
This is one most people have heard of; from 1/1/2016 all new-model bikes over 125cc will need ABS, while smaller bikes must have either ABS or a combined brake system. As with the rest of the rules, there’s a year of grace for carry-over models, but come the start of 2017 everything must be in-line with the regulations to be allowed to be sold."

I looked at the UK, Spain and France HD sites where only the 750 is available. I didn't find a specific reference to ABS on any, but all three described the up-graded brakes. As a carry-over model this could be a grace year. I wonder if HD has to make ABS standard for bikes sold in the EU wouldn't it make sense to at least offer the option in the US? The primary reason I traded my Street 750 for a Sportster was the brakes and availability of ABS.
post #10 of 15 Old 03-01-2016, 10:42 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Well word around the shop is they don't expect it. Abs on the bike will hit the bottom line hard if they do yes it's required in some of the EU but every country has to pass it as well not sure how that will work out. It would be cool to have it as an option but like many things HD I would expect it to cost more then most would be willing to pay. Like making a CVO Street 500 just don't see it happening.

Living the dream

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page