Street 750: Will it work with OBD 2? - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-19-2016, 02:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Street 750: Will it work with OBD 2?

Hey all, nice forum you've got here!

Quick question - there are folks out there who've adapted their Harleys with ELM327 bluetooth OBD2 diagnostic readers, to work with apps like HarleyDroid or RPMItUp. Basically it would give you all the engine data, tachometer, gear indicator, all that fun stuff...

You need to make (or buy) a 4-pin Deutsch to OBD2 cable (as discussed here and here).

My question is - will this work for the Street 750? Does the Street use the same communications protocol and 4-pin connector as the other bikes? I've heard that the FP3 uses a six-pin, so ... ? I assume that means the Street actually has a six-pin connector?

Thanks for any assistance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-19-2016, 05:44 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
Our XGs have the standard 6 pin Plug. But only 4 pins inside. I believe the 2 other pins are for the Radio/Nav unit. Possibly ABS. Have not heard about the unit(ELM327) you are referring to.

2016 Hyundai Tucson SE Coliseum Grey AWD

2018 Custom 1200
post #3 of 6 Old 02-19-2016, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Interesting - thanks for the confirmation, that certainly saved me from one mistake.

Haven't found any 6-pin to OBDII cables yet, and it seems like at least RPMItUp is saying it's not compatible with the CAN Bus bikes... and I think HarleyDroid isn't either. Wondering if this is actually a viable project. I mean, I know it can be done, the FP3 does it, I'm just wondering if any of the software apps out there support the CAN Bus bikes, and how to get a cable (bought or made, either way).

post #4 of 6 Old 07-25-2016, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FYI: We finally got some time with a new 2016 HD Breakout that uses the CAN BUS system. We got a dashboard that can display the speed and one that can display the RPM. That's probably going to be the limit of what we can do for a while because of the amount of data that is being processed. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSI8SsGoK9o
post #5 of 6 Old 08-17-2017, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
Hey all, nice forum you've got here!

Quick question - there are folks out there who've adapted their Harleys with ELM327 bluetooth OBD2 diagnostic readers, to work with apps like HarleyDroid or RPMItUp. Basically it would give you all the engine data, tachometer, gear indicator, all that fun stuff...

You need to make (or buy) a 4-pin Deutsch to OBD2 cable (as discussed here and here).

My question is - will this work for the Street 750? Does the Street use the same communications protocol and 4-pin connector as the other bikes? I've heard that the FP3 uses a six-pin, so ... ? I assume that means the Street actually has a six-pin connector?

Thanks for any assistance!

Yes, the street 500/750 would need a 6 pin cable.
And here it is in action:
post #6 of 6 Old 08-17-2017, 08:23 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
I have a Motoscan MSDKH6. And use the Android Software. Bought the first unit from Amazon. They shipped a Used MSDKH4(4 Pin unit). Returned it. And purchased from https://motorscantools.com/

2016 Hyundai Tucson SE Coliseum Grey AWD

2018 Custom 1200

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page