7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 02-27-2016, 02:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The BEST Street color?

Hi all, I can't decide out of the Satin or Gloss Black.....does anyone know which color has been the best seller?
StoneFree and CorkyF like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 02-27-2016, 06:18 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwimoto View Post
Hi all, I can't decide out of the Satin or Gloss Black.....does anyone know which color has been the best seller?

I like the denim [flat black] look myself that's what I have, don't know what's the best seller. Good luck.
CorkyF likes this.
post #3 of 19 Old 02-27-2016, 06:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I bought the gloss. Wish I would have bought the satin. The paint on the gloss is really hard to keep light scratches out of it. Mines at a point I need to wet sand and buff it because just buffing isn't taking the scratches out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

post #4 of 19 Old 02-27-2016, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
i'm partial to vivid (gloss) black, as it is the color of my V-Rod and my pickup truck. indeed, gloss black just highlights dirt and dust on the surface.

i could see the denim black working better with all the plastic stuff on the Street 500/750

2008 VRSCDA, locked in storage
2015 XG750 made in India
both Vivid Black
Honda Wave125 daily scooter

Last edited by CHIMICHANGATIME; 02-27-2016 at 09:07 AM. Reason: added pic
post #5 of 19 Old 02-27-2016, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Get the color that YOU like; do t worry about what anyone else likes or has bought.

Just remember to maintain it, keep it clean, and keep metal away from whatever color bike you get. The little things will make a difference here: use a single key in the ignition when riding instead of a ring, keep belt buckles covered when riding (if used), keep metal from jackets (zippers, pocket zips, toggles, etc.) covered and away from bike when riding, try to keep things off direct access to areas of the bike with paint exposed (tank and tail), and keep,standing dirt off all surfaces.

Remember that with gloss, YES you ARE going to get small swirl areas in the paint surface. But, these can be sorted out with wax and minor upkeep. Wash with a bucket and s cap of soap, rinse with clean water, then 10 minute on/off wax and you are DONE.

With gloss you DO HAVE the capability to wash and wax the bike "when YOU want to" in an effort to restore the paint.

With matte, you DO NOT HAVE the same options when riding. It is "much more difficult to maintain" while riding and owning, and a lot more trouble when something needs to be buffed out or resurfaced.

To me........ The MATTE looks super-cool. However, it is way too much work to maintain for me. That's the reason I did not get my last entice purchase in the matte paint; same situation just a bigger vehicle.

At the end of the day, get what "makes YOU happy" and what YOU are comfortable with owning and maintaining.

PS - I bought the "Velocity Red" because it is really rare where I am and somewhat rare for other street models as well.

Best,

USVet
Subike and 10-64 like this.

Veteran - Air Force Special Operations (AFSOC)

"Ad Astra per Aspera"

2016 Street 750
post #6 of 19 Old 02-27-2016, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
And I LOVE my red now. At first I wasn't "crazy about it" but it grew on me while making my purchase. Now it glimmers in the sun, has a slight metallic look, is a deep burgundy color, and looks awesome on the Street model.

My .02

Best,

USVet96

Veteran - Air Force Special Operations (AFSOC)

"Ad Astra per Aspera"

2016 Street 750
post #7 of 19 Old 02-27-2016, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Love my Red.. Red has always been my favorite color.
post #8 of 19 Old 02-27-2016, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by usvet96 View Post
Get the color that YOU like; do t worry about what anyone else likes or has bought.

Just remember to maintain it, keep it clean, and keep metal away from whatever color bike you get. The little things will make a difference here: use a single key in the ignition when riding instead of a ring, keep belt buckles covered when riding (if used), keep metal from jackets (zippers, pocket zips, toggles, etc.) covered and away from bike when riding, try to keep things off direct access to areas of the bike with paint exposed (tank and tail), and keep,standing dirt off all surfaces.

Remember that with gloss, YES you ARE going to get small swirl areas in the paint surface. But, these can be sorted out with wax and minor upkeep. Wash with a bucket and s cap of soap, rinse with clean water, then 10 minute on/off wax and you are DONE.

With gloss you DO HAVE the capability to wash and wax the bike "when YOU want to" in an effort to restore the paint.

With matte, you DO NOT HAVE the same options when riding. It is "much more difficult to maintain" while riding and owning, and a lot more trouble when something needs to be buffed out or resurfaced.

To me........ The MATTE looks super-cool. However, it is way too much work to maintain for me. That's the reason I did not get my last entice purchase in the matte paint; same situation just a bigger vehicle.

At the end of the day, get what "makes YOU happy" and what YOU are comfortable with owning and maintaining.

PS - I bought the "Velocity Red" because it is really rare where I am and somewhat rare for other street models as well.

Best,

USVet
I think this post says it all.
I couldn't have said it any better.
BTW, mine is the "Denim Black". I only use the HD Denim Paint Cleaner on it.
GET WHAT "YOU" WANT!

I hate autocorrect. I always end up posting some thong I didn't Nintendo.

2015 XG750 Street - Denim Black (Sold)
2010 Suzuki C50T
2007 Kawasaki KLXs (Sold in 2010)
post #9 of 19 Old 02-27-2016, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the replies, I've ordered a two tone Dk Brown and Black seat from Corbin so the Red and Blue are out for me.
Hedging towards Gloss Black as I've ordered 12" apes in 7/8 which are also gloss Black.
post #10 of 19 Old 02-27-2016, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
I have gotten Several Compliments on my 15s Mysterious Red Sunglo. Some people said they liked it better than the 16s Velocity Red Sunglo.
Solo750owner likes this.

2019 Hyundai Kona SE Surf Blue

2018 Custom 1200 Black Tempest

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page