LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-07-2016, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
My 2015 XG750 Update

Wow, its been quite a while since I have posted here. I thought I'd do an update on things I've done to my bike, how shes running, etc.

The Fuel Pump Recall: I got this done ASAP. Luckily for me, my bike was already in the shop because of the lag & leap issue, when they told me that a recall was just rolled out for it that day. So I basically got the bike done as quickly as I possibly could have.

I'd rode a good 500-600 miles since then, and haven't experienced any issues what-so-ever. She starts right up, and rides good. I haven't run into any lag/leap issues since then, and have gone a good 20-40 miles over what I normally could before the issue started happening. It would happen around 90-100 miles on a tank, but as of today as I post this I currently have 117 miles on the tank, and no issues or even the fuel light flickering yet.

Upgrades: First thing I did was the muffler. I mean, come on. It needs to be done. I went ahead and after days of research and videos decided that the Speed Merchant would be my favorite. Stuck it on, and sweet sweet sound rumbled. There is absolutely no match to the awesomeness this sucker puts out. All my friends I've showed it to decide they "need a bike" after hearing this sucker. It makes a fun bike even more enjoyable.

Second thing, the headlight. I don't have the cash to spend on one of those fancy daymakers, so a guy at the dealership suggested I buy an LED retrofit bulb. The sucker was a serious PITA to install (probably mostly because I'm a little stupid), but after getting it done this was probably the best investment I made. It covers more road, and gives a brighter light. The difference from stock is incredible, and the dealership guy said its actually brighter than the daymaker (if he's right, I don't know).

Third, a luggage rack. This was the difference in me being able to ride to work with my large backpack of supplies. Heavy backpack + large thick leather coat = not a good time. Once I got the bolts on correctly (torque wrench highly recommended, but not needed), its an easy on/off operation. Plus now I can strap down my backpack and have no excuse for why I can't ride.

The Conclusion: I love the bike. The power seems just right for me, the size is great, and I average a good mid 40s to low 50s in gas mileage. I haven't had any issues (aside from the recall and having it fall over on the kickstand, which I have paid extra careful attention to and haven't had it happen since), and its just a blast.

I just got my 1,000 mile service done about a month ago and I'm right about at 1,270 miles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Exhaust & Luggage Rack.jpg (241.6 KB, 41 views)
Solo750owner, 10-64, Kfox and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-07-2016, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Pretty similar to you on timeline! I have gloss black bought in November. Had the 1k service done last weekend, was actually at 1219 but whose counting!!! Currently at 1360, once it's warm everyday this will be my daily rider!

Not sure where all the flack is on this bike from other places on the web, I absolutely love riding this around town. It's so easy to handle, super quick off the line, and just a ton of fun. Not the best looker but as the time goes I'm sure I'll have it where I want it, customizing is as much fun as riding and the base is definitely there in my opinion.

I currently have the speed merchant and a mustang fastback. Misfit gas cap that I'm actually not a fan of but came with the bike and I didn't even realize it wasn't stock until I got it home.

I am about to install some end mirrors, tail tidy, and air filter with FP3. Super excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 Old 04-08-2016, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
I think I might have spoke too soon. Looks like I sprung a leak... I guess its off to the dealer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160407_233716.jpg (203.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 20160407_233723.jpg (191.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 20160407_233852.jpg (270.1 KB, 32 views)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page