LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 05-20-2016, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
helmet lock

hi
was wondering if anybody here has used the lidlox, for locking there helmet to the bike. looks pretty slick and easy to install/operate. if you have , any feedback you can share? I just hate the thought of carrying around my helmet, or letting it out my sight.

1003-B, Lidlox Single for 7/8" Bars, Universal, Black. | Lidlox Grip Tip Motorcycle Helmet Lock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 05-20-2016, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Haven't used that one, no. Had too many helmets stolen (2) to trust any lock that attaches to the D-rings; the thieves just cut the strap. I mean, yeah, that type of lock is better than nothing, but apparently not much better. If they made a cable that went around the chin guard on a full face, that'd be something I'd consider. Until then, the best solution for locking a helmet is the trunk on the Honda NC700X -- that's genius. Wish all bikes had that. Carrying a full-face helmet around is a drag.
post #3 of 14 Old 05-20-2016, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
Haven't used that one, no. Had too many helmets stolen (2) to trust any lock that attaches to the D-rings; the thieves just cut the strap. I mean, yeah, that type of lock is better than nothing, but apparently not much better. If they made a cable that went around the chin guard on a full face, that'd be something I'd consider. Until then, the best solution for locking a helmet is the trunk on the Honda NC700X -- that's genius. Wish all bikes had that. Carrying a full-face helmet around is a drag.

Yep, best to just use cable and a lock. Can do more than one helmet on the same cable; can also lock the bike on the same cable.
UnaClocker likes this.

post #4 of 14 Old 05-20-2016, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
on my V-Rod i use this: https://www.ascycles.com/2/Motorcycl.../ProductID/591
it handles two helmets and also makes it a little harder to yoink the license plate. it works fine in USA, where thieves have little temptation for my rather ugly half helmet

here in Philippines i stow the helmet in the Givi e370 trunk, as most locals here will take anything not locked down

Solo750owner likes this.

2008 VRSCDA, locked in storage
2015 XG750 made in India
both Vivid Black
Honda Wave125 daily scooter
post #5 of 14 Old 05-21-2016, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIMICHANGATIME View Post
on my V-Rod i use this: https://www.ascycles.com/2/Motorcycl.../ProductID/591
it handles two helmets and also makes it a little harder to yoink the license plate. it works fine in USA, where thieves have little temptation for my rather ugly half helmet

here in Philippines i stow the helmet in the Givi e370 trunk, as most locals here will take anything not locked down

that doesn't look like a bad solution.do you have a picture of it mounted on your bike ?
post #6 of 14 Old 05-21-2016, 01:33 PM

Garage
the Helmet Guard as it is installed on my V-Rod

sorry i don't have any closeup pictures hosted online at the moment. this pic was taken 2 years ago when i was living on Staten Island (that's the Bayonne Bridge in the background)

2015 XG750 made in India
both Vivid Black
post #7 of 14 Old 05-22-2016, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
How did you mount the givi case? Is there room for it to work as a passenger backrest?
post #8 of 14 Old 05-23-2016, 12:45 AM

Garage
i presume the genuine H-D sissy bar would interfere with the opening/closing of the Givi case, so i didn't opt for it. Givi offers a backrest pad that mounts to the trunk directly. however, as discussed below, i wouldn't want anyone leaning against the trunk for long periods of time. i have seen in person passengers accidentally knocking cases off of their bikes (could be more of a factor of incorrect installation)

the Givi trunk attaches to the standard H-D luggage rack with an included plastic universal fit plate. it sounds flimsy, and the maximum rated load is only 10 pounds and/or 200kph. however i have loaded it with 17kg of animal feed and it has held on okay but i never went faster than 40kph while loaded like that

extra mounting plates can be bought separately, as i did for my honda 125 cc; i can easily swap the trunk between the honda and street750.

2015 XG750 made in India
both Vivid Black
post #9 of 14 Old 05-23-2016, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIMICHANGATIME View Post
the Helmet Guard as it is installed on my V-Rod

sorry i don't have any closeup pictures hosted online at the moment. this pic was taken 2 years ago when i was living on Staten Island (that's the Bayonne Bridge in the background)

thanks for the picture, that doesn't look bad at all. appreciate it
post #10 of 14 Old 06-01-2016, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Try HD lock #52200003. Slip it thru ear flap & handlebar. Any loser wants to cut the ear flap & steal is just making it unusable.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page