Is there a way to adjust the back brake? - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-06-2016, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Is there a way to adjust the back brake?

Any way to adjust the back brake position? Somebody hit my bike and knocked it over (despite being in a motorcycle only parking zone) The back brake works just fine though I don't recall the sensitivity of it. I have been able to stop using only the back brake as a test though! But I noticed yesterday after my ride that when I push down it clicks the heat shield. This isn't an issue now, but I don't want it to be an issue later. I just need to take it out a couple of inches. It doesn't look bent anywhere, but again I never just looked down at the back brake.

Also scratched up the exhaust a bit and the front brake lever up towards the end. Sadly the camera at the place of business couldn't catch a plate. They hit a few bikes in that area, mine didn't have much cosmetic damage. The exhaust took most of it...scratched across the bottom pretty bad, and few scrapes that are visible. Of course the front brake lever and a small bit of the pain on the light.

Hopefully nothing I can't replace without costing a **** ton. Sucks some jerk thought it was cool to just run down park motorcycles. My got hit so hard it rotated which is why it got scraped up so bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-06-2016, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Yes...there is a linkage on the rear brake lever that you can adjust. But I don't think adjusting it will stop it from hitting the heat shield. You need to bend it back.

Current rides:

2016 Softail Slim S Olive Gold Denim

2016 Street 750 Vivid Black

1998 Honda Aero Black/Silver
post #3 of 6 Old 06-06-2016, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
Yes...there is a linkage on the rear brake lever that you can adjust. But I don't think adjusting it will stop it from hitting the heat shield. You need to bend it back.
Thanks! i'll try that today. It just doesn't look bent at all, but if it's hitting the shield then it has to be. I'll mess with it here in about an hour.

post #4 of 6 Old 06-06-2016, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
You could also check the heat shields. They are just held on with hose clamps and are easily moved if one comes loose. Mine rotated quite a bit while taking them off to install the exhaust wrap
post #5 of 6 Old 06-06-2016, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmiske View Post
You could also check the heat shields. They are just held on with hose clamps and are easily moved if one comes loose. Mine rotated quite a bit while taking them off to install the exhaust wrap
I'll check that out too. It's possible the car knocked it loose when they hit it.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-06-2016, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Was able to bend it back tonight guys! thanks! It may not have looked it but the impact from the fall must have pushed it back just a bit. Good to go now.

Thanks again!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page