LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 06-26-2016, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Well….Mel is graduating

When we first got the Street, I showed Mel the Lowrider S and that when she got proficient at riding, she could graduate up to a Twin Cam……well, it's been 3 months and she's ready. We took the Street in for the 1000 mile service yesterday and she ended up testing several bikes…..finally, they brought a Lowrider S down from the inventory and fired it up for her….she rode it and she was torn between a regular Lowrider and the S. The S comes with the 110 vs the 103 HO…plus electronic cruise control and a bunch of other options…..

We're taking the Street down this afternoon and see how far upside down we're in it because it's only been 3 months……and to see what kind of deal we can make……but we'll be trading the Street in and driving home today with a Lowrider S….

It's been fun knowing y'all and learning from all of your priceless tips and knowledge…..I'll try and drop in from time to time…..thank you for having us here and thanks to the admins for a wonderful forum…..
Irie, Propnut, 10-64 and 2 others like this.

Current rides:

2016 Softail Slim S Olive Gold Denim

2016 Street 750 Vivid Black

1998 Honda Aero Black/Silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-26-2016, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
When we first got the Street, I showed Mel the Lowrider S and that when she got proficient at riding, she could graduate up to a Twin Cam……well, it's been 3 months and she's ready. We took the Street in for the 1000 mile service yesterday and she ended up testing several bikes…..finally, they brought a Lowrider S down from the inventory and fired it up for her….she rode it and she was torn between a regular Lowrider and the S. The S comes with the 110 vs the 103 HO…plus electronic cruise control and a bunch of other options…..

We're taking the Street down this afternoon and see how far upside down we're in it because it's only been 3 months……and to see what kind of deal we can make……but we'll be trading the Street in and driving home today with a Lowrider S….

It's been fun knowing y'all and learning from all of your priceless tips and knowledge…..I'll try and drop in from time to time…..thank you for having us here and thanks to the admins for a wonderful forum…..
Congrats, that Low Rider S is a beauty. I see her in my future as well. Enjoy the ride!
Hellbilly likes this.

post #3 of 8 Old 06-26-2016, 03:43 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
How much did you get for the trade in? I took my 750 with 715 miles on it in and the HD Dealer I bought it from only offered me $4200.
Hellbilly likes this.

post #4 of 8 Old 06-26-2016, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
I bought my 2015 XG750 from a dealer in March 2016 with about 350 miles on it and only paid $5500, so don't expect a lot on the trade in (unfortuantely).
Hellbilly likes this.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-27-2016, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Simmons View Post
How much did you get for the trade in? I took my 750 with 715 miles on it in and the HD Dealer I bought it from only offered me $4200.
We got $5000.00….we were negative a couple grand plus the parts I bought and installed….I didn't think it would be so soon that she would move up to a bigger bike…..we had planned on keeping it for at least a year…..it all worked out….she's happy (that's what matters the most) and we got a smoking deal on the Lowrider S…..just a couple hundred over MSRP…..can't beat that…..returning customers has it's benefits….
Mike Simmons likes this.

Current rides:

post #6 of 8 Old 07-05-2016, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Here she is with her new sled....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4143.jpg (273.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4145.jpg (242.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4140.jpg (146.4 KB, 33 views)
AndrewE likes this.

Current rides:

post #7 of 8 Old 07-05-2016, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Just traded my Street for R70000, which, depending on the time of day with our currency, is about 5000US I think. Love the bike but I just can't get comfortable on it. I have moved to a Fat Bob which has forward controls and feels far more comfortable, although a touch (!) heavier.
I think it will also be far better for two up riding, although we still need to try various seats.
Hellbilly likes this.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-05-2016, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah that Negative Balance Adds up. Mainly Why I cant Trade Up just yet. When I traded the 10 Majesty, I still owed some money. Which was carried over to the new loan. I loved the bike. Yamaha Credit was treating my loan like a Credit Card. After 3 years, I still owed about 1/2 the amount. Got tired of dealing with them. Took 45 minutes and 3 people to get the Payoff. At least the HD Financing is a Simple Loan. I pay a Flat $195 month. Even when they tell me the Required Payment is Less.

If I Could Upgrade, The Roadster is nice. Also like the Breakout styling.
Hellbilly likes this.

2016 Hyundai Tucson SE Coliseum Grey AWD

2018 Custom 1200

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page