LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 07-14-2016, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
2-into-2 exhaust

So I love this bike so far, but I want some more sound. The easy route would be to just get a slip on and call it a day. But why do something easy when it can get complicated and messy?

I really like the look of 2 separate pipes, like on the 883. I didn't like the stance or air cooling of the 883 though so I got the 750. Since nothing is available, it made me think there are probably a few different ways to do it:

1. Get a good shop to do it and just pay them. Probably expensive, but I really have no idea. 1000? 2000? Seems like it would have to be around there to pay for the guys time.

2. Make a slip on that branches into 2 pipes. Not sure if this could be made to look right, but it would be simple.

3. Have a guy modify sportster or similar exhaust to bolt on. I see used systems dirt cheap on fleabay. Assuming the piping diameter is the same, could they just bend it appropriately to fit? Or is that oversimplifying it.

What do you guys think?

What diameter piping is used for the headers on our bikes?

Also guys, I know a 2 into 1 is better for performance. If I go a custom route I would probably do a H or X pipe to mitigate the losses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-16-2016, 05:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hey mate i got the local exhaust place to make me up 2 into 2 drag pipes then wrapped them with black exhaust wrap cost me about $350aud all up pipes are 1 3/4"
post #3 of 16 Old 07-16-2016, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
Devender Singh does all sorts of custom work for the Street, including dual pipes. He's in India but does ship to the U.S. He can be found on the Harley Street group on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HDStreetOwners/

post #4 of 16 Old 07-17-2016, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the feedback guys. I think once I get some spare time I will check out local shops. The diameter is good to know in case I wanna look up what mufflers will fit. Right now I am looking for either a Sportster look alike system or one similar in look to what is one the Victory Octane. So I'll see what local shops quote me for a custom job. I'm in the Philly area so it shouldnt be hard to find a place. If its something around 500, well that would be a no brainer. Anything around 1000 and I might explore other options.

Reace, I think I saw a picture of your bike on the facebook group. Is that it parked next to the white bike? If so it looks fantastic!
post #5 of 16 Old 01-18-2018, 08:46 PM
LWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reace90 View Post
Hey mate i got the local exhaust place to make me up 2 into 2 drag pipes then wrapped them with black exhaust wrap cost me about $350aud all up pipes are 1 3/4"
m

Which local guy did your pipes for $350?

Ive just been quoted $1000!
post #6 of 16 Old 01-19-2018, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Problem with straight pipes you will lose Torque on the lower end all no gain is noise and maybe a little HP on the very top end of the RPM range. You need some scavenging in the exhaust to run it's best.
Loud don't mean fast , just sounds like it.
post #7 of 16 Old 01-20-2018, 12:15 AM
LWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty901 View Post
Problem with straight pipes you will lose Torque on the lower end all no gain is noise and maybe a little HP on the very top end of the RPM range. You need some scavenging in the exhaust to run it's best.
Loud don't mean fast , just sounds like it.
True.

I too am interested in changing my Screaming Eagle Night Stick muffler to a 2-2 straight through pipe setup.
I was quoted $1000 from a local guy in Melbourne to bend two bits of tube - Where do they get their prices from?!

It's a about time the aftermarket guru's banged their heads together and bring these sorts of things to the people who want them.
Once you've made one set of custom straight pipes for a HDS500, use the jig, replicate and sell.

Sounds like a lot of people are chasing these systems but are put off by the excessive price tag / availability.
It's unnecessary and unaffordable.

Anyone knows of a decent custom exhaust shop in Melbourne Australia without taking out a mortgage, give me a shout as I'm looking to buy.

post #8 of 16 Old 01-20-2018, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
StoneFree said they were working on a 2-into-2 a few years ago, maybe they've got something by now? Might want to check.

AR Customs made at least one 2-into-2 for a Street:
https://www.facebook.com/ARCustoms/p...type=3&theater

In
, someone adapted a Vance & Hines 2-into-2 to work on the Street 750.

DDH in India makes two different systems, the Urban Custom and the Custom Garage. They also have a downturned two-pipe muffler that would give some of the look of a 2-into-2 while presumably retaining the performance gains gotten from a 2-1.
post #9 of 16 Old 02-22-2018, 08:37 PM
Leo
Banned

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Double "Fish-Tails" would look quite cute.
post #10 of 16 Old 02-24-2018, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS View Post
True.

I too am interested in changing my Screaming Eagle Night Stick muffler to a 2-2 straight through pipe setup.
I was quoted $1000 from a local guy in Melbourne to bend two bits of tube - Where do they get their prices from?!

It's a about time the aftermarket guru's banged their heads together and bring these sorts of things to the people who want them.
Once you've made one set of custom straight pipes for a HDS500, use the jig, replicate and sell.

Sounds like a lot of people are chasing these systems but are put off by the excessive price tag / availability.
It's unnecessary and unaffordable.

Anyone knows of a decent custom exhaust shop in Melbourne Australia without taking out a mortgage, give me a shout as I'm looking to buy.

Seems like spending a lot of money to lose power. The Street 750 engine is a higher RPM lower torque. The 2-1 exhaust is designed to bring the torque up on an engine that already is fine in the higher end for HP. Like on the Touring bikes those that go to so called true dual. They think is is better because it is loud, but they really do lose low end torque. The stock system scavenger, it favors one side acting close to a 2-1 exhaust splitting both worlds. I had a Bassani exhaust on mine and it sounded like crap. The pipe sits in the bad idea box. For now it staying stock. Runs better.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page