LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 08-03-2016, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Off to Sturgis

What do ya think.....did I overdo the packing? Now all I have to figure out is where I'm going to sit. I have a tent, sleeping bag, air mattress, ground cloth, chair & a few clothes. This is one of the few times I wish I had a bigger bike. I'll know within an hour after I leave if its doable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Packed for sturgis3.JPG (117.9 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Packed for sturgis2.JPG (161.0 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg Packed for sturgis.JPG (120.3 KB, 61 views)
meph1st0 and Solo750owner like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-03-2016, 09:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorkyF View Post
What do ya think.....did I overdo the packing? Now all I have to figure out is where I'm going to sit. I have a tent, sleeping bag, air mattress, ground cloth, chair & a few clothes. This is one of the few times I wish I had a bigger bike. I'll know within an hour after I leave if its doable.
Looks like you have the largest backrest I have ever seen on a motorcycle. Ride safe and enjoy the trip. And be sure to stop at the Corn Palace!
CorkyF likes this.
post #3 of 13 Old 08-03-2016, 10:53 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
maybe if you add a fork bag, J/K

good luck on the ride to the big rally
CorkyF likes this.

2008 VRSCDA, locked in storage
2015 XG750 made in India
both Vivid Black
Honda Wave125 daily scooter

post #4 of 13 Old 08-04-2016, 12:53 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah, that's a loaded machine. Try Lamphere Ranch campgrounds. Looks like the tent spots have lots of shade. East of Sturgis and North on road to Bear Butte. I get to ride up without being loaded, as I am traveling with a friend with a motorcycle hauler/pop up camper, so my bag gets to ride in the truck. (even taking 2 drawer tool chest). We'll be right across from the office/store for the next Thursday through Monday nights. Looks like we get good weather, at least for the weekend. Ride Safe --- See you there.

Not all those who wander are lost.
post #5 of 13 Old 08-04-2016, 06:17 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Nice job on the packing looks like you forgot the kitchen sink though.. Godspeed!!!
CorkyF likes this.

Ride Safe Be Safe!
post #6 of 13 Old 08-04-2016, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Looks like you are ready to get those feet up on the highway pegs lean back and relax all the way out there with that back rest! Have fun out there and ride safe!
CorkyF likes this.
post #7 of 13 Old 08-14-2016, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO WanderZest View Post
Yeah, that's a loaded machine. Try Lamphere Ranch campgrounds. Looks like the tent spots have lots of shade. East of Sturgis and North on road to Bear Butte. I get to ride up without being loaded, as I am traveling with a friend with a motorcycle hauler/pop up camper, so my bag gets to ride in the truck. (even taking 2 drawer tool chest). We'll be right across from the office/store for the next Thursday through Monday nights. Looks like we get good weather, at least for the weekend. Ride Safe --- See you there.
I stayed at GlencoeCamp, next to Lamphere. Lamphere is a "quieter" campground, while Glencoe is party central. Next year I'll be trailering my bike. Never saw another Street out there, but I did look. Really enjoyed it.
post #8 of 13 Old 08-17-2016, 04:06 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
nah dont trailer it keep ridin it thats what its all about i had a shiyload of tools on my 82 dresser when i left syracuse ny and went to cheyyane wyoming and still made it down to atlanta and back up north and down to fla so last year my brother tells me hes gonna trailer his road glide from upstate ny to daytona for bike week and i says you gotta ride that thing ya big *****! good thing he was 1500 miles away or he might have tried to kick my ass again for callin him that hee hee hee
BodybagJonny likes this.

madmike norfolk va 2015 street 500, 2009 yamaha vino
post #9 of 13 Old 08-17-2016, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike View Post
nah dont trailer it keep ridin it thats what its all about i had a shiyload of tools on my 82 dresser when i left syracuse ny and went to cheyyane wyoming and still made it down to atlanta and back up north and down to fla so last year my brother tells me hes gonna trailer his road glide from upstate ny to daytona for bike week and i says you gotta ride that thing ya big *****! good thing he was 1500 miles away or he might have tried to kick my ass again for callin him that hee hee hee
If I had a dresser I probably would ride it out next year. SD is a very windy state, 20-30 mph winds all the way out. The street is a relatively small bike. The cargo capacity is very small, the luggage rack a joke & the saddlebags hold just my daily essentials (bungees, tools, etc. I did it once, rode to Sturgis & back 900 miles. That is not what the street models are designed to do. Sure, you can tour all 48 & beyond on one as they are a very capable machine. Touring the black hills they shine, in an "iron butt" ride not so. Next year I'll ride out & back in comfort pulling the bike on a trailer. I can carry a lot more camping gear & make the whole experience more enjoyable. Like I said if I had a larger, heavier touring style bike I would reconsider riding it out there.
Solo750owner likes this.
post #10 of 13 Old 08-18-2016, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorkyF View Post
If I had a dresser I probably would ride it out next year.
Maybe I'll attach a hitch to my Victory Cross Country and haul my Harley Street 750.
Solo750owner and CorkyF like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page