Features and Specs of Street 750 - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 02-22-2014, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Features and Specs of Street 750

Hello Guys, Attached is the list of features and specs for H-D Street 750.

Was wonder what are below features, Please help me understand these:

1. Mid Mount Controls
2. Easy Lock to Lock Sweep
3. Locking Gas Cap, Forks and Ignition
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Specs.jpg (154.3 KB, 24 views)

Four wheels move the body... Two wheels move the soul...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-22-2014, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I'm pretty much a novice, but I think mid-mount controls refers to how forward versus how straight-up-and-down the foot controls are when operating the bike.

I've got a Honda CTX700. It has forward controls, which means my feet are forward when shifting and rear braking. The HD Streets will probably not be as far forward as my Honda, and therefore, are mid controls.

I wandered about the "lock to sweep" myself. I assume that means that you turn the grips to the left; push in on the ignition; and lock the bars before you remove the key. If this is the case, it's normal on modern bikes and so is a locking gas cap (which I personally don't like). Ignition lock I would think is pretty standard on any bike. I think that means the ignition can't be turned with the key out. Locking forks...I don't have a clue. I may be wrong on all of these, but that's the way I'm understanding it. Nothing out of the ordinary for any modern bike.
sunny_sahdev likes this.
post #3 of 15 Old 02-22-2014, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
locking forks? interesting.

post #4 of 15 Old 02-23-2014, 02:59 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsfc View Post
I'm pretty much a novice, but I think mid-mount controls refers to how forward versus how straight-up-and-down the foot controls are when operating the bike.

I've got a Honda CTX700. It has forward controls, which means my feet are forward when shifting and rear braking. The HD Streets will probably not be as far forward as my Honda, and therefore, are mid controls.

I wandered about the "lock to sweep" myself. I assume that means that you turn the grips to the left; push in on the ignition; and lock the bars before you remove the key. If this is the case, it's normal on modern bikes and so is a locking gas cap (which I personally don't like). Ignition lock I would think is pretty standard on any bike. I think that means the ignition can't be turned with the key out. Locking forks...I don't have a clue. I may be wrong on all of these, but that's the way I'm understanding it. Nothing out of the ordinary for any modern bike.
Thanks for writing this up, it clarifies many things.. mid-mount controls is kinda clear now

post #5 of 15 Old 02-24-2014, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkystreet View Post
locking forks? interesting.
The V-Rod has this too. HD used to cast a lug in the frame and a matching lug in the lower triple clamp so you could slide a padlock through the lugs when the bars were thrown over full left. That was your "fork lock". Now they put a real fork lock on the bike. BMWs have had fork locks for, oh, fifty years now, but I digress. HD marches to it's own slow drummer.

I live in a parallel universe but have a vacation home in reality.
post #6 of 15 Old 02-26-2014, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Another thing I was thinking was that Street 750 weight less and has 65nm of power.

Superlow/Iron 883 is heavy and has 68nm of power.

So does that mean Street 750 will out-run Superlow/Iron 883?

post #7 of 15 Old 02-26-2014, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
The Iron 883 has a top speed of 165kmph.

As per some jorunals , the street will top out at 150kmph.

Both in stock form .

My opinion is it should be faster because it is lighter , revs higher(almost 2500 rpm more) and has 6 speed transmission while iron has 5 speed. But the 6th in street might be an overdrive .
sunny_sahdev likes this.
post #8 of 15 Old 02-27-2014, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
150 kph is only 93 mph. That might be the top speed for the 500 but a bike with 50-something horses on tap like the 750 will be able to manage a higher top speed than that.

You can always change belts and pulleys to change the gearing.

I live in a parallel universe but have a vacation home in reality.
post #9 of 15 Old 02-27-2014, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Tortoise View Post
150 kph is only 93 mph. That might be the top speed for the 500 but a bike with 50-something horses on tap like the 750 will be able to manage a higher top speed than that.

You can always change belts and pulleys to change the gearing.
It is possible autocar india printed approximate/3rd party figures. Here is the bit -
"Harley-Davidson has read Indian riders and our riding conditions well, which is why the Street 750 is certain to output pulse quickening acceleration to 110kph, and a top speed in the region of over 150kph. Fuel economy is expected to be in the region of 20kpl. "

I asked the delhi dealer(Where i spoke with the manager himself) about the numbers and why they are lower than iron(top speed is 165) while returing similar mileage, he tried to avoid the question though said things like the 883cc motor being higher capacity will perform better(salesmen here assume that customers equate higher capacity to more performance ). I didn't bother mentioning the difference in the engineering of both motors , his attitude wasn't one that welcomed indepth discussion over phone . Asked me to drop by after official release to discuss further.

They do have a reason to shield the iron though , it costs almost 80% more(unlike 500$ difference at USA) so they can't openly admit it is weaker without hurting sales and public perception. Not everyone is familiar with the technical aspect here , when it comes to brand like harley or enfield , style and the associated brand value takes precedences over numbers . It is the jap bike customers who ask about BHP and gearing.
sunny_sahdev likes this.

Last edited by basuroy; 02-27-2014 at 02:44 PM.
post #10 of 15 Old 03-07-2014, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Garage
Here's a link with more information as well as a great video.

Grand Rapids Harley-Davidson | New dealership in Hudsonville, MI 49426

Always remember that for every mile of highway there are two miles of ditches.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page