Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Motorcycle Shipping !

9K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  PiersTuckerC31 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I have found this 2004 DYNA Low rider that I really like. This bike located in Tampa and I need it shipped to San Diego. I was told from a reliable source to use AA Motorcycle for shipping, however, I want to check all available options out there. If anyone in this forum has idea about shippers please feel free to share your experience.

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Your existing insurance covers you on new vehicles for 30 days. Not sure how temp plates work there, but I here, I'd buy a temp plate that's good for 3 days before leaving, and stick it on the bike when I get there, assuming the bike doesn't just come with a plate. Many states, the plate stays with the vehicle. I'm going on Washington state laws here.. Plate stays with vehicle, insurance covers you for 30 days, and registration can be done up to 15 days later (before simply getting fined for taking too long).

#7 ·
best to get there and check it out in person , with a comrade, preferably as for shipping , shop around i checked on a couple big name moving companies to get my bike from orlando to norfolk they wanted 600 and i found a local dude who did it for 200 . ........in the yellow pages remember them? hah! i think he only does east coast movin though

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.