10-64 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 03-09-2017, 06:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
This is some info I found about the street rod:

"The changes are thorough. The frame and fuel tank are the only shared parts and even the tank is significantly repositioned. “It’s like a Street, but starting from the front it’s got a new tire, wheel, brake, fork, fender, triple clamp, headlight, fairing, etc., etc., etc.,” quipped engineer Brian Dondlinger.
The chassis changes move this Street from cruiser territory into the sporty zone. Rake is steepened to 27 degrees from a more relaxed 32. Longer travel suspension raises ride height to increase cornering clearance (10 degrees more in both directions) and allow room to run the cast-aluminum 17-inch wheels front and rear. A longer swingarm (again to accommodate the larger wheel) runs a pair of gas-charged, piggyback-reservoir shocks that allow for 4.6 inches of travel. The 43mm black-anodized inverted fork has a similar travel increase and contributes to the much beefier front end look. A pair of 300mm front discs increase braking power vs. the single disc on the Street."
“We moved the tank farther forward and the rider sits farther forward to bias center of gravity forward to improve handling,” added Dondlinger.
“Following chassis, we focused on the powertrain,” said Dondlinger of the new High Output Revolution X 750 engine. “We’ve got 8 percent more torque across the rev range. Cruise on this bike around 3,600-3,700 rpm and at 8 percent more torque than street starts at 3,500 and goes all the way to 7,500 rpm so you really feel the torque in the midrange where you’d like it.”
Redline is increased from 8,000 rpm to 9,000, with an attendant 18 percent power boost on the top end. Claimed output is 68.4 horsepower at 8,750 rpm and 47.2 pound-feet of torque at 4,000 rpm."

So, to me, it looks like Harley built a street model this time without putting the cheapest parts they could source like they did on the XG models. The street rod looks eh.. Okay in my opinion. The rear fender is even more hideous than what is stock on the XG models if that is even possible lol. I do like that they put a speed screen that looks like it will do a decent job at deflecting wind instead of being there for looks. Honestly dudes it looks like Harley looked at what most people changed about their XG's (ex: drag bars, bar end mirrors, new seat) and made it stock on the street rod. Pretty slick looking bike I guess, but i'll be sticking with my 'ole trusty XG750.
10-64 likes this.
post #3 of 45 Old 03-09-2017, 07:40 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
I like the new look. Very cool. That said my street will still be in the garage. I'll be adding a big twin in the next year or so

post #4 of 45 Old 03-09-2017, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I am looking forward to the expansion of the Street line since I think the more of them they make the more custom parts will get made for this bike. This new Street isn't for me, but I like it all the same and hope HD is able to make more inroads into a new group of riders.
post #5 of 45 Old 03-09-2017, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoguy82 View Post
Looks like there's a new model 750 out

https://m.harley-davidson.com/#bikes/xg750a
Looks like they swapped for a bore kit or bored the cylinders possibly and raised the compression ratio for the bottom end... The top end might be the same... Of course, Harley Davidson always changing it up.. I wanna know if the dual front brakes can be swapped over to ours...
post #6 of 45 Old 03-09-2017, 09:28 AM
CadenzaForum.com Vendor

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
If anyone gets one in the Los Angeles area, let us know and we will see if our Loose Cannons or Grand Prix slip-ons will fit.
10-64 likes this.

FIREBRAND
714-632-1300
http://www.firebrandmotorcycle.com
post #7 of 45 Old 03-09-2017, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
And added as bigger throttle body and 2 injectors... I wonder about the pump and regulator now....
post #8 of 45 Old 03-09-2017, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
I just saw it this morning. Like the Intake.

2016 Hyundai Tucson SE Coliseum Grey AWD

2018 Custom 1200
post #9 of 45 Old 03-09-2017, 10:09 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonTalonTSiAWD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoguy82 View Post
Looks like there's a new model 750 out

https://m.harley-davidson.com/#bikes/xg750a
Looks like they swapped for a bore kit or bored the cylinders possibly and raised the compression ratio for the bottom end... The top end might be the same... Of course, Harley Davidson always changing it up.. I wanna know if the dual front brakes can be swapped over to ours...
They changed the forks so that's not likely
post #10 of 45 Old 03-09-2017, 10:10 AM

Garage
The intake looks amazing. Different throttle body though so not likely to cross over
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page