• 2 Post By shark nose

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 03-05-2014, 03:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
What does it sound like?

Hi. can someone throw some light on the sound of the exaust for the HD Street 750? does it sound like the traditional Harley's or is it softer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-05-2014, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
really not very many exhaust clips out there

doesnt sound too great from this video but its not that clear and covered with shitty music.
Santosh kumar likes this.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-05-2014, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Yea this isn't the best clip to get an idea of the exhaust note. I wonder if any of our friends in India who already have the bike could post a video of the exhaust note. I think a lot of people are wondering if the Street still sounds like a true Harley.

post #4 of 9 Old 03-05-2014, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Santosh kumar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusef View Post
Yea this isn't the best clip to get an idea of the exhaust note. I wonder if any of our friends in India who already have the bike could post a video of the exhaust note. I think a lot of people are wondering if the Street still sounds like a true Harley.
Lol we are as clueless as all you people we have just made bookings for the bike ,we could only see display bike that's all & we couldn't make them start the bike as they out rightly said it's a display bike n we can't fire the engine
Come this April once we get our hands on test ride bikes we will post videos of exhaust note n also we will post updates about how the bike behaved overall...
Everybody have to wait till April 2nd week for that ...
sunny_sahdev likes this.
post #5 of 9 Old 03-05-2014, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santosh kumar View Post
Lol we are as clueless as all you people we have just made bookings for the bike ,we could only see display bike that's all & we couldn't make them start the bike as they out rightly said it's a display bike n we can't fire the engine
Come this April once we get our hands on test ride bikes we will post videos of exhaust note n also we will post updates about how the bike behaved overall...
Everybody have to wait till April 2nd week for that ...
Thanks for letting us know. We will be looking forward to listening to the exhaust note as much as you are then.

I'm sure there are after market exhaust options if the note isn't up to snuff though. It would be pretty disappointing if you don't get that harley growl from the Street though.
post #6 of 9 Old 03-05-2014, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
A Harley bike debut is not a true harley bike debut until they do a burnout!

post #7 of 9 Old 03-05-2014, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
I'm just hoping it doesnt have that potato sound the bandanaheads know and love To be honest I love the sound of some of those european V-Twins, silky smooth rumble. This may get me in trouble on an HD board but Ducati makes a vicious Twin
post #8 of 9 Old 03-07-2014, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
I find it ridiculous they wont fire the engine , I once visited the aston martin showroom in mumbai and they fired up the rapide even though it was clear as daylight that we were just 2 college kids and not actual customers. Refusing to start engine , refusing to hand out test ride , refusing to discuss performance - what are they hiding ?

Visiting the bengal hd showroom again tomorrow , last time I went there 2 days back , the manager was absent and the salesmen were clueless. It was obvious though they are relying on the brand name to sell the bike without handing out any real information. I'm strongly against this type of marketing and as such have put the order on hold , infact now looking at another visit to kawasaki to test ride the ninja 300 .
Firoze likes this.
post #9 of 9 Old 03-08-2014, 06:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
Refusing to start engine , refusing to hand out test ride , refusing to discuss performance - what are they hiding ?

Visiting the bengal hd showroom again tomorrow , last time I went there 2 days back , the manager was absent and the salesmen were clueless. It was obvious though they are relying on the brand name to sell the bike without handing out any real information. I'm strongly against this type of marketing and as such have put the order on hold , infact now looking at another visit to kawasaki to test ride the ninja 300 .
That's just dumb. Can you go to a nether dealer? The key here is not to be in a rush. I hate to see you not get the bike you really want.

I shopped five dealers and ended up driving 320 miles round trip before I bought my last bike in October of last year. A new 2013 FXDWG. I saved myself $3,250 and a hole lot of attitude. If a dealer cops a attitude to me, I walk! Let's face it if that is how they treat you before they have your money what's it going to be after they have it?
Santosh kumar and basuroy like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page