LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 05-16-2017, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Red face FP3 Maps

Well summer is finally here, except for this week. Going to be rainy and cool for the better part of the week. Before riding season is in full bloom I'm going to do some mods to my 750. I'm going to switch out the grips for new pair of Kuryakyn ISO grips. I have to wait till next Wednesday to get it over to the dealer to put them on. I'm not a foul weather rider and the best I could do was next Wednesday afternoon. I've also ordered a new firebrand loose cannon muffler, K&N high flow air filter element, and a Vance and Hines FP3 tuner. I am waiting to get all the parts in before I use the tuner. Does anyone have any recommendations as to which map I use. From what I found on their website I'm guessing to use a generic map with an approximate equivalent Vance and Hines set up. If anyone that has a similar set up and could let me know what the best map is I would be appreciative. Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-16-2017, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
If you call V&H, They have Tech Support. I had a Fire Brand Grand Prix muffler. And a K&N. V&H told me to use their Map. The one for the V&H SO (Slip On) and Stock Intake. Ran fine. Later I changed to the VO2 Intake. And changed the Map to the one with the V&H SO and High Velocity Intake. Some guys here ran the Auto Tune function. Haven't tried. As mine seems to run fine.
CorkyF and SgtTDC like this.

2016 Hyundai Tucson SE Coliseum Grey AWD

2018 Custom 1200
post #3 of 9 Old 05-23-2017, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Wow, what a difference. It's cool and rainy today, so no riding (wimp). I did take my new fp3 and flashed a map to my 750. Ever since I've had the bike, when it's cold, it dies out immediately upon starting. If I'm quick enough on the throttle I can keep it running, if not I just restart it. When it's really cold sometimes I have to do it two or three times. Not very often because I don't ride it when it's that cold. Today, after flashing the new map, I started it up. It started right up and kept on running. Nice and smooth for a few seconds and then down to a nice rumble. On cracking the throttle (hey, I wanted to hear my new muffler) it went back running smooth for a few seconds and then dropping back to a nice rumble. It's going to be interesting to see how it rides out on the road. Tomorrow it's going to the Harley dealer for new set of grips. I'll try it out then.

post #4 of 9 Old 05-23-2017, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
Mine does the Start and Stall when Cold Only if I use Wawa Premium. Have tried Quick Chek, Exxon, Sunoco(Premium) and it never happens. When it happens, I put some FI Cleaner in the tank. Lucas or Mech in a Bottle. And it clears up.
CorkyF likes this.

2016 Hyundai Tucson SE Coliseum Grey AWD

2018 Custom 1200
post #5 of 9 Old 05-24-2017, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
The FP3 will most likely have a map that you can flash based on your "additions". Mine runs like a charm and I absolutely like it. It was definitely worth the investment.
CorkyF likes this.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-25-2017, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Got a map suggestion from V&H & set it to that, seems to work. It does pop on deccelerating but I think that's expected, at least I hope so & its not hurting the motor. Today I received my NAMZ splitter.
NAMZ Custom Cycle Power Port Plug Y-Adaptor Harness | 745-077 | J&P Cycles & installed it & my fp3. Seems to work the way its supposed to. According to all info it doesn't fit the streets but it does apparently. As soon as the wind dies down I take it out for a test ride. I still debating the auto tune as it seems to run ok on the map.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-25-2017, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Run through a couple of tanks of gas and then perform an auto tune. After that you can tune out the decel popping in the FP3
CorkyF likes this.
post #8 of 9 Old 05-30-2017, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Run the autotune. No need to wait a couple tanks of gas, that will gain you nothing.

Mount your phone to the handle bars and watch the autotune in progress. This way you can get a lot more squares turn green (learned). You can see where you are by a different colored square in the tuning map. By changing gears and lowering or increasing the rpm you roll the accelerator you will learn squares that you haven't hit yet. for example; if you need the 70% throttle square at 3000rpm, drop down to 2500rpm in 4th gear and roll the throttle. try to roll the throttle to 70%, you will get better at knowing where the throttle position is and estimating how to get there as you go. Hope this makes sense.

If you want to get rid of the decel popping there is an option to turn it on in the fp3. Turn it on and flash the ecm. If memory serves me there is off position and 2 graduated on positions.

I haven't done this on my 750 but have on my sportster. Within 1 tank of gas I had all the squares green below 5000 rpm with exception of a few around 80 to 100% throttle in the 1000 - 1500rpm range(never ride there anyway).

Hope this helps.

rick.
CorkyF and SgtTDC like this.

Last edited by RD123; 05-30-2017 at 05:44 PM.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-06-2018, 07:14 PM

Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage
FP3 Software Issue

Three weeks ago, Vance & Hines had a firmware upgrade for my fp3. The problem was that it would download, act like it would install, check for new software and repeat. After talking to a Vance Hines tech on my other cell phone, the tech told me there was a problem and that it would take 8-20 tries for it to install. The Tech also said that if I had access to an Apple device that the firmware upgrade would install quicker than the android. I tried it again today and after almost 2 hours of retrying, there was no firmware upgrade. Just a loop over and over again. With an FP3 you are forced to upgrade. Now I don't have a working FP3 app cause it is stuck in a loop.

Anyone else having this issue with their FP3 using an android phone or Apple?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page