LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-22-2017, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Latest on mods

Now things are starting to get interesting. As I may have mentioned last week I received my Vance and Hines FP3. I received an email after inquiring to Vance and Hines about what map I should use as I had a firebrand loose cannon muffler, and a K&N Air cleaner element on order. Today the muffler and air cleaner arrived and I was looking forward to installing them and then the fp3. Got the muffler and air cleaner installed, but no go on the fp 3. When I bought the bike I had several accessories added to the order one of them being a 12 V auxiliary plug-in that mounts on the handlebar. I also spliced into that to mount my Garmin Zumo GPS. The 12 V accessory socket plugs into the CAN-bus port and leaves no place to plug in the fp3. I found a CAN-bus splitter http://www.jpcycles.com/product/745-077 that I'm hoping will work. If not I'm going to have to find a live wire somewhere in its place into that. Or as a last resort may be mounted directly to the battery. I'll report back after I get my Y splitter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-22-2017, 10:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Super cheap to run power to your bars from a battery tender. That's what I do and then I put a piece of industrial Velcro on the side of my sppedo and mounted a battery tender SAE to USB. Works great and was less than $20 total
CorkyF likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-23-2017, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
I have two battery tender harnesses on my bike -- by accident, but I actually like it that way. I bought one to install, and found out later that the dealer had already installed one(!) So I use one for the designed purpose (charging the battery) and the other for a USB power port.

post #4 of 4 Old 05-25-2017, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
That Y-splitter did the trick. Now both the handlebar 12V aux & the fp3 are switched on & off along with my Zumo. If I need constant power I have my battery tender pig tail.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page