Look What Y'all Indians have done - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 03-11-2014, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Talking Look What Y'all Indians have done

Showed up in my Street 750 feed....

Pune Dealership reports 100 bookings in 5 weeks

Quote:
The Two Rivers Harley-Davidson showroom has received about 100 bookings for Harley Davidson Street 750. A booking as of today warrants delivery in September. And that’s just the speed at which Street 750 is selling at a single dealership. At present, Harley-Davidson India operates through 13 dealers here.
I wonder what kind of volume the other 12 stores are seeing. I mean if each of them has booked 100 orders since (unlikely, but you see the picture I'm trying to paint you )

To be honest, I think the American launch is going to be hard pressed to show similar exuberance...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 03-11-2014, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Pune will definitely be on the higher side , average Imo is around 70 max. Kolkata dealer for example was empty both times I visited(afternoon/weekend). Btw what is the source because this is alarming news , september is unacceptable when they are at the moment promising june delivery. Red colour might result in august.

A competent assembly chain can easily roll out thousands if not more in 3 months and believe me , the craze is not so high that suddenly thousand harleys will sale in 1 month. So far they have managed 4000 in 3 years and the street is by no stretch of imagination a cheap/budget motorcycle. The reason for creating artificial delay is customers are charged the rate during delivery and there is a healthy chance price might be hiked 6 months later and suddenly everyone is receiving their bike at an increased tarrif.
Livin On and sunny_sahdev like this.

Last edited by basuroy; 03-11-2014 at 03:15 PM.
post #3 of 20 Old 03-12-2014, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
Pune will definitely be on the higher side , average Imo is around 70 max. Kolkata dealer for example was empty both times I visited(afternoon/weekend). Btw what is the source because this is alarming news , september is unacceptable when they are at the moment promising june delivery. Red colour might result in august.

A competent assembly chain can easily roll out thousands if not more in 3 months and believe me , the craze is not so high that suddenly thousand harleys will sale in 1 month. So far they have managed 4000 in 3 years and the street is by no stretch of imagination a cheap/budget motorcycle. The reason for creating artificial delay is customers are charged the rate during delivery and there is a healthy chance price might be hiked 6 months later and suddenly everyone is receiving their bike at an increased tarrif.
here you go bud Harley-Davidson Street 750 prices revealed, Booking at INR 30,000 | Rush Lane
basuroy likes this.

post #4 of 20 Old 03-12-2014, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Indians are going crazy for it!

post #5 of 20 Old 03-13-2014, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyhoonigan View Post
Indians are going crazy for it!
there is a strong reason for that , our silly gvt. has a rule in place that effectively prohibits import of bikes(complete unit , one can import the knock down kit and assemble it here) under 800cc to protect/promote localised manufacturers(ducati found a way around it for the monster 696 , no idea how though the indian agent for ducati is in jail now ).
For this reason so far , we had either bikes under 300cc(no one bothered manufacturing anything over that , recently ktm arrived with the 390 and it is a massive hit) or around the litre class(imported/assembled locally) with the middle class being a void and completely dominated by enfield with their 500cc bikes. Now suddenly we have a 750cc v-twin from a very famous brand which as is stands is competing in the market unchallenged hence the excitement.
post #6 of 20 Old 03-13-2014, 05:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mumbai dealership confirmed 100 bookings as well
Livin On and sunny_sahdev like this.
post #7 of 20 Old 03-13-2014, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
wow.. that is ALOT of bookings

Harley must be very happy with that
post #8 of 20 Old 03-13-2014, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I wonder what the allocation of Street 750's each dealer will be getting? I mean you have to figure the 98th, 99th and 100th from both those stores are going to be waiting well into 2015 hehehehhh.

Would any of you guys on the ground over there happen to know what the production numbers are going to be like per month or per year?
post #9 of 20 Old 03-13-2014, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin On View Post
I wonder what the allocation of Street 750's each dealer will be getting? I mean you have to figure the 98th, 99th and 100th from both those stores are going to be waiting well into 2015 hehehehhh.

Would any of you guys on the ground over there happen to know what the production numbers are going to be like per month or per year?
Good question, i really wonder what it will be. Can't even begin to guess what it will be like cause i'll either guess too low or too high.

post #10 of 20 Old 03-14-2014, 02:39 AM

They are now giving a september timeline for expected delivery . My gut feeling is they will delay it even more artificially .

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page