LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 06-14-2017, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
FP3 issue

Finally got my fp3 installed and programmed. Received an email from Vance and Hines suggesting I download a map for a generic muffler, and a K&N air filter. They also suggested after downloading and installing the new map that I run a couple of tank full's and then do an auto tune for about three hours, in one hour segments. I did all that. After downloading the maps and while auto tuning the bike ran great. It didn't seem that noticeably different from the factory. But with the nice sounding muffler and the new map I was pleased with the performance. After that I ran the autotune. After downloading and flashing I put the bike to bed for the night. A couple days later I went out to start it and the thing barely ran. It was stumbling at idle and if I cracked the throttle the engine rumbled and died. I let it idle for a while and it seemed to run a little better once it warmed up, but I had to nurse the throttle open to keep it running. If I cracked the throttle to fast the engine stumbled and died. I took it out for a run today and it seemed to run okay, but that's about it. It still had a slight hesitate from idle if I open the throttle too fast. I went back and re-flashed the original factory setting. Fired it up and it ran like it should, no hesitation on acceleration. Haven't had it out for a run yet since doing that but I will definitely do it in the morning. I guess I'm going to have to make a call to Vance and Hines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-15-2017, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
Honestly, I have never had that problem. I just used one of their Maps. Never used the Auto Tune. Possible Bad Gas??

2016 Hyundai Tucson SE Coliseum Grey AWD

2018 Custom 1200

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page