LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-15-2017, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Sturgis trip

Got back Sat. from Sturgis SD 77th bike Rally. Last year I put on a Corbin touring seat (love it), this year I added the Memphis Shades fairing (love it also). Good thing they had free installation as it took about 2 hours. The biggest time factor was signal relocation. Put on about 1400 miles & had a blast. Black Hills HD in Rapid City had an amazing event. Weather was super. As I was leaving the campground I took advantage of the early-bird special & booked for next year. Next year I'm definitely going to trailer it out there. Its too cramped with all the camping gear. I shipped the majority of the camping gear back & it was still too cramped. Ill be 70 next month & long haul is a little much for me. Besides, touring the Black hills & taking in all the activities is plenty on fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sturgis17.jpg (232.5 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg Sturgis17-2.jpg (363.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Sturgis17-3.jpg (236.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Sturgis17-4.jpg (183.1 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Sturgis17-5.jpg (188.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Sturgis17-6.jpg (201.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Sturgis17-7.jpg (350.9 KB, 39 views)
Solo750owner and Phil13 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-16-2017, 01:37 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks for the update and pictures Corky. Do you know what the estimate of bikes attending this year's Sturgis was?

2015 Street 750 Vivid Black
post #3 of 9 Old 08-16-2017, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propnut View Post
Thanks for the update and pictures Corky. Do you know what the estimate of bikes attending this year's Sturgis was?
I did check local sources just now & they're reporting a slight increase over last year overall. They're also reporting an increase in accidents. The SD DOT is reporting
376,033 in attendance. A little bit more than last year.

post #4 of 9 Old 08-17-2017, 01:20 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
I am sure you will add to next year's attendance figures, with just a little more planning this year.

2015 Street 750 Vivid Black
post #5 of 9 Old 08-17-2017, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propnut View Post
I am sure you will add to next year's attendance figures, with just a little more planning this year.
I've already booked the campsite for next year. They had an "early bird" discount so I went ahead.
post #6 of 9 Old 08-19-2017, 10:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorkyF View Post
I've already booked the campsite for next year. They had an "early bird" discount so I went ahead.
Do you have a web address for the camp ground? Planning a trip to there next year

2015 Street 750 Modifications-Krator Black Mirror Relocation Arms, Wisamic-5-3/4" 5.75" Round LED Headlight, Harley-Davidson Black Billet Aluminum Seat Bolt, H-D Screaming Eagle Spark Plugs, 10mm Screaming Eagle Plug Wires and Firebrand Loose Cannon Slip-on Exhaust
post #7 of 9 Old 08-19-2017, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtTDC View Post
Do you have a web address for the camp ground? Planning a trip to there next year
https://www.glencoecamp.com/ I see they have it marked down to $174. Last year I waited till april & it was $195. Kind of a wild time but all good natured fun. You'll see some people in various stages of undress, lots of different bikes & contraptions. The place is huge. Showers & outhouses leave a lot to be desired, but there's decent facilities to be found. The high school down the road had nice showers for $8 & a breakfast buffet for $11, or both for $16. Right outside the gate at the end of the road is the beaver bar. $2 beer & halfway decent food. the bands are good. there's a shuttle bus that runs from the campground https://www.sturgisbus.com/index.php that will have discounts later in the year. Last year I used DaBus & bought a weeks pass for $50, the pd loves handing out DUI's. & parking's atrocious downtown. The best part is touring the black hills. A good starter is the "ride with a local" tour Ride With A Local its free & good way to start off your BH touring. There's something for everyone, from wild to mellow.
SgtTDC likes this.
post #8 of 9 Old 08-19-2017, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
My lil brother & I and a friend want to trailer bikes up there it will be my first time up to the Black Hills on a bike.We're not sure how long we are going to stay (I'd rather get there 2 days before it ends than see the sights after the crowds leave). I Thank You for the information.
CorkyF likes this.

2015 Street 750 Modifications-Krator Black Mirror Relocation Arms, Wisamic-5-3/4" 5.75" Round LED Headlight, Harley-Davidson Black Billet Aluminum Seat Bolt, H-D Screaming Eagle Spark Plugs, 10mm Screaming Eagle Plug Wires and Firebrand Loose Cannon Slip-on Exhaust
post #9 of 9 Old 08-19-2017, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtTDC View Post
My lil brother & I and a friend want to trailer bikes up there it will be my first time up to the Black Hills on a bike.We're not sure how long we are going to stay (I'd rather get there 2 days before it ends than see the sights after the crowds leave). I Thank You for the information.
Don't like crowds? A lot of people come early & leave early. Getting there 2 days before end isn't a bad idea. You get to sample the flavor of Sturgis, before & after. Just check the schedules & make sure you're not missing anything. A lot of places close up at the end of the rally, including campgrounds. But the Black hills are spectacular riding anytime. I like to get there a couple of day before the rally starts (still plenty crowded), to have a better choice of campsites. The leave a couple of days before rally end. & avoid the rush out. either way you'll have a blast.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sturgis 2017.jpg (216.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Sturgis 20172.jpg (176.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Sturgis 20173.jpg (299.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Sturgis 20174.jpg (445.1 KB, 15 views)
Propnut and SgtTDC like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page