User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-03-2017, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Is the Street Rod for me?

Hey everyone, I have been looking into this bike and I cant decide if it will be a good fit for me or not.

I am 5'10 290 lbs. I'm a bigger guy, do you think i will be comfortable riding this bike on longer rides? I am currently losing weight(back in the gym and on a solid diet), hoping to be down significantly within the next few months.

I like this bike because it is sporty. I want to take it up and down the mountain and have fun. I have been wanting to get a Harley and this bike is what i have been waiting for to join the family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-05-2017, 12:28 PM

Location: Southwest Iowa with more than a little time spent in Ames
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Depends on what you mean by longer runs.
I'm just a tad under 6' and 30 pounds heavier than you. I have ridden my xg750 on half a dozen trips to my house in the country, 200 miles away. Even with the tall boy seat, which I don't believe is an option on the xg750a, things are pretty cramped. I always imagine my legs aren't going to work when I stop for gas 125-150 miles into the trip. Highway pegs might help with that.

Paul
Central and SW Iowa
2016 xg750
post #3 of 4 Old 09-08-2017, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
You're going to have to try it yourself; some folks here on the boards have the Street Rod and love it, but most of the reviews I read made particular note of leg/hip cramping caused by an awkward footpeg situation. One reviewer says it turns you into a "toad"; squatted up in back with a long reach forward to the low bars.

The seating position on the Street Rod is apparently quite different from the Street 750, so I'd definitely recommend you put some miles on each on a test ride before deciding.

post #4 of 4 Old 09-12-2017, 03:27 PM

Location: Southwest Iowa with more than a little time spent in Ames
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
This past weekend I sat on a lot of bikes and test rode a few. Usually the first thing I do is straddle the bike and try to flick it back and forth a few times to get a feel for the balance of it. Then I sit down and put my feet on the pegs, one side at a time unless a salesman volunteers to hold it up. For the Street Rod it was awkward enough to get my feet up onto the right peg that I quit right there. Some guys may love it, but it's not going to be my next bike.

Paul
Central and SW Iowa
2016 xg750

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page