Harley Davidson Street Quality Control - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 03-19-2014, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Harley Davidson Street Quality Control

I think some of us may be worried about the quality of the build of the Street 750

some of us have reported poor findings or dissapointment after seeing it in person

I figured I would make a thread and share it here!

I understand the US made and international models will be different.

What are your thoughts and insights?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 03-19-2014, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
From the early reports about quality, plastics, wiring, sound...I'm ready to look at another model. I called the dealer last night and they have a SuperLow 883 for me to look at. I might go with that model instead of the Street 750.
post #3 of 26 Old 03-19-2014, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
thinking of the iron 883 if they can't fix these problems

post #4 of 26 Old 03-19-2014, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
This reviewer had some real concerns about the build quality and parts used. 2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 First Ride Review | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Personally, I am reserving judgement until I see and ride the US production models for myself. Harley should know that this kind of piss-poor quality will never sell in the USA.
post #5 of 26 Old 03-19-2014, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
My only real point of contention is the exposed wiring. Personally I think that can be fixed with a simple wire tuck. What is it about the 750 that has you two completely turned off the Street? @Dave013 @Traxxtar
post #6 of 26 Old 03-19-2014, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Repost:
I test rode the Street750 at the Mumbai Showroom when it was 44 odd kms old.
I took it for a 17km Spin (Thrube - Vashi - Palm Beach)

I can assure you the Engine - Ride - Comfort - Control is top notch.
What concerns me is the build quality and build quality only (messy wiring, lame welding, low quality tyres)

I have written an email to Anoop Prakash, Marketing Head, his team, Seven Islands Owners, Facebook Pages etc.
Lets all owners write a serious letter experessings concerns on quality (messy wires has to go). Once they see a huge rise in skepticism they might ensure they get the wires and welding sorted out atleast.
Looking for every1s support here....
post #7 of 26 Old 03-19-2014, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
I'm wondering if anyone has photos of this messy welding? I've tried to look in the stock photgraphs as well as some of the reviews posted here but to no avail...
post #8 of 26 Old 03-19-2014, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Well i am scared for the longevity of the bike i heard of the brake quality and other probs in the review.Spending so much for the street if they can rectify it before delivery its good but if not the case then spend a bit more and go for a better overall iron i know its not powerful as street but yeah we do expect quality if we are putting this much money for a Bike. Increase the price of Street we dont care but give us quality bikes i dont know if its only for Indians they are giving in such a quality,has anyone tested the Street 750 in USA or anywhere outside India ? do you get it in the same condition ???
post #9 of 26 Old 03-19-2014, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin On View Post
My only real point of contention is the exposed wiring. Personally I think that can be fixed with a simple wire tuck. What is it about the 750 that has you two completely turned off the Street? @Dave013 @Traxxtar
Harley has built quality into their brand for many years now. I don't want any regrets after buying. I kinda have a high standard for what I want and quality is top of the list. Wiring, brakes!, cheap plastic, small mirrors, spring-less pegs, lack of authentic sound, ...really? I'm buying a 'Harley', I want something that says 'Harley!!' not a knock-off, which is what this cheap'd out bike appears(i haven't seen it, just from early reviewers) to be. I don't want a bike thats been to a cost cutting chop shop. Money is not the issue, I like the look of the bike, it's a bit different, 'young', and smaller. I'm a small guy, but won't trade off quality and authenticity at a relatively cheap price anyway.
Livin On likes this.
post #10 of 26 Old 03-20-2014, 03:23 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
negative word so far about brakes and fork have been a red alert for me , waiting for more reviews ...
@Livin On
the messy welding is noticeable around the t-clamp among other places , it is not a durability issue but more of an aesthetic and a lack of effort to deliver a fine product. Have you seen the royal enfield motorcycles ? They have messy welding but cost less than half and people still find it hard to accept at their price point. The street is not as bad but one can easily spot the weld lumps around joints.

Last edited by basuroy; 03-20-2014 at 03:26 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page