The riding season is now finally over - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

4Likes
  • 1 Post By aussie biker
  • 1 Post By Tucsonmax1
  • 2 Post By aussie biker

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-25-2017, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Leo
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The riding season is now finally over

This last weekend I finally got my bike ready for the off season storage.

Since the season started on Memorial Day (2017) I put on a total of 757 miles on my 750. And those were quite a few grueling tours. One weekend trip was a very long 105 miles from my home and back. I left on a Friday evening and returned on Sunday late afternoon. I had some good weather and a bit of breezy weather on the homeward journey, but I made it.

I waited until September 23rd 2017 to put the bike in "moth balls" because the weather was just too nice. I admit That I was a bit foolish waiting untill after Labor Day, but I felt that I needed to push my personal envelope.

Yet I find it hard to believe that there are motorcyclists that tempt the weather by riding all the way until the beginning of October. Here in Michigan we can get a cold snap any time and rain is always a threat. I've been told that wet leaves can be a real threat in Autumn, so I would never ride on roads that have any leaves on them. However I wish those foolish riders "Good Luck" and give them all my respect.

I was going to have the local dealer (Biker Bob's HD) store my bike, but I found a garage to rent in my neighborhood and thus I can visit my 750 Street and sit on it whenever the mood strikes.

Good luck to all and have a great fall/winter/spring. Hoping to meet a few Street owners in the coming months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-25-2017, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post

Since the season started on Memorial Day (2017) I put on a total of 757 miles on my 750. And those were quite a few grueling tours. One weekend trip was a very long 105 miles from my home and back. I left on a Friday evening and returned on Sunday late afternoon. I had some good weather and a bit of breezy weather on the homeward journey, but I made it.

I waited until September 23rd 2017 to put the bike in "moth balls" because the weather was just too nice. I admit That I was a bit foolish waiting untill after Labor Day, but I felt that I needed to push my personal envelope.

Yet I find it hard to believe that there are motorcyclists that tempt the weather by riding all the way until the beginning of October. Here in Michigan we can get a cold snap any time and rain is always a threat. I've been told that wet leaves can be a real threat in Autumn, so I would never ride on roads that have any leaves on them. However I wish those foolish riders "Good Luck" and give them all my respect.

I was going to have the local dealer (Biker Bob's HD) store my bike, but I found a garage to rent in my neighborhood and thus I can visit my 750 Street and sit on it whenever the mood strikes.

Good luck to all and have a great fall/winter/spring. Hoping to meet a few Street owners in the coming months.
we got a guy at my work that rides all year long. Rain or snow. He only parks it for freezing rain. I have literally seen him ride in with icicles on his mustache
post #3 of 8 Old 09-25-2017, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Here in South Florida we're fortunate that we can ride all year long; the price we pay is having to deal with hurricanes every few years...

post #4 of 8 Old 09-25-2017, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
I know a guy up in Pontiac who just puts a side car on his bike for the winter. He doesn't even own a car. I'm not riding on ice, but anything other than that is a matter of gear and caution.

Luckily, my riding season goes from early March to late December.

"Life is like a grindstone - it'll polish you up or grind you down, depending on what you're made of" - Unknown
post #5 of 8 Old 09-25-2017, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post

Why do your posts always read like a bad joke? Just ride it,that's what its for.Unless the road is covered in ice or snow we should all be out there,but just watch out for those leaves,right Leo!

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A110 using Tapatalk
PugslyCat likes this.

Oi oi oi
post #6 of 8 Old 09-25-2017, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
Actually, I don't Winterize mine. I use a Tender year round. Fresh gas. Pour a can of SeaFoam in the tank. Clean it as usual. I keep mine ready to roll year round. Weather permitting.
PugslyCat likes this.

2016 Hyundai Tucson SE Coliseum Grey AWD

2018 Custom 1200
post #7 of 8 Old 09-26-2017, 03:14 PM

Location: Southwest Iowa with more than a little time spent in Ames
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie biker View Post
Why do your posts always read like a bad joke? Just ride it,that's what its for.
I'm pretty sure that Leo is a troll. So far, none of his posts are anything that I would take seriously. Don't feed the troll.

At a bare minimum I will be riding until we actually have some inclement weather. After that, I will follow the example of one of my co-workers and ride every day that temperatures are a bit above freezing that the streets are clear of snow and ice.

Paul
Central and SW Iowa
2016 xg750
post #8 of 8 Old 09-26-2017, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Why do we call them trolls when they are quite clearly f#ckwits?

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A110 using Tapatalk
PugslyCat and KillerDad like this.

Oi oi oi

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page