• 2 Post By PugslyCat

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 10-20-2017, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Wondering if im too tall

What are your heights? I am 6'4" and i am wondering if i would be too tall for a street and be comfortable. I plan on buying one for a computer so i wont be riding more than an hour at a time. What are your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-20-2017, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Took me a while to adjust to the height and placement of the pegs/controls. My hips would cramp quickly in the beginning, but now it takes more than an hour. And, I'm only 5'6". A higher saddle will help, if not fix the situation. Other than that, the bike fits ME great. Be prepared for your knees to be above the tank.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-20-2017, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
i took the new rider course on the street 500 and it felt good. i have zero experience on a motorcycle so i didn't have anything to compare it to. but i had fun learning on it. my knees were above the tank but it didnt feel un confortable.

post #4 of 8 Old 10-21-2017, 01:42 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
For me at 5' 7" the Street 750 is just right both in riding and stopped situations. Yesterday I sat on a new Street Rod 750 in the dealership and struggled with the stopped position. Unfortunately the saddle height is much higher and I end up on the toes of my boots, which for me is not a good place to be in.

2015 Street 750 Vivid Black
post #5 of 8 Old 10-22-2017, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
I am 5' 4" with a Short inseam. And feel cramped up on the 750. I replaced my seat with a Mustang Fastback. I needed to move further back away from the tank. Problem is, I now sit on the rear fender. Where it starts climbing over the rear tire. If the fram was another inch or 2 longer, Would be perfect.

2016 Hyundai Tucson SE Coliseum Grey AWD

2018 Custom 1200
post #6 of 8 Old 10-24-2017, 02:43 PM

Location: Southwest Iowa with more than a little time spent in Ames
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I'm 6 feet tall, 30 inch inseam, and significant padding in the seat. I'm also old and inflexible. On the xg750 I found the stock seating position very cramped, but the Tall Boy seat helped a lot. For commuting it is comfortable enough, but when I go on longer rides I start to stiffen up about the time the fuel light comes on. I'm looking into some highway pegs so that I can stretch out a bit on those longer rides.
SgtTDC and KillerDad like this.

Paul
Central and SW Iowa
2016 xg750
post #7 of 8 Old 10-24-2017, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
I'm 6'2" and it's cramped at times (mostly my right leg) after an hour of riding.I was going to get the H-D tall seat but I'm looking at the Mustang Touring seat without the backrest for around $340.00 because the tall H-D seat takes away room from the passenger area.

2015 Street 750 Modifications-Krator Black Mirror Relocation Arms, Wisamic-5-3/4" 5.75" Round LED Headlight, Harley-Davidson Black Billet Aluminum Seat Bolt, H-D Screaming Eagle Spark Plugs, 10mm Screaming Eagle Plug Wires and Firebrand Loose Cannon Slip-on Exhaust
post #8 of 8 Old 10-24-2017, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtTDC View Post
I'm 6'2" and it's cramped at times (mostly my right leg) after an hour of riding.I was going to get the H-D tall seat but I'm looking at the Mustang Touring seat without the backrest for around $340.00 because the tall H-D seat takes away room from the passenger area.
I am 6'1'' with 34'' inseam . I have had the tallboy seat from day one . The seating position is great , I put on 7500 miles with that seat , on long rides over 100 miles it hurts my tailbone . I just bought the Mustang Touring seat last week . I have done only one ride on the new seat 260 miles , it was mostly comfort able with only slight discomfort . With the Mustang seat you set lower on the bike & you can't move back or forward on the seat , my knees come near the top of the gas tank but with no discomfort . The lower center of gravity makes the bike handle better I think ? May need to adjust the shift lever a little lower ? They say the seat has to break in for the best ride ? That is all I can say with my limited time with the new seat .