• 1 Post By Botty

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 07-30-2018, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Odd problem xg750

Ever since I've owned my bike, I've had a very difficult time inflating the tires. Today I needed to bring them up to spec, but I could not get any air to go into the tires. I could check the air pressure with a gauge just fine but no air would go into them. After trying various air chucks I ended up replacing the cores of the Schrader valves and was then able to inflate the tires. I've never encountered this problem on any vehicle. The valve cores did not look damaged but would not allow air to flow in only out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-31-2018, 02:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
Sounds to me like the valve needle had stuck / corroded? Glad you got it sorted but some vaseline in the inflator stem / valve might prevent this happening.

I had problems once cos I replaced the plastic dust covers with metal ones and when it came time to inflate the tyres (some months later) the caps had corroded on and I had to have the complete valves replaced - a very costly exercise and a lesson learned !
Big Rus likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page