Keep the sidecar on the Street? - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

5Likes
  • 3 Post By smitty901
  • 1 Post By smitty901
  • 1 Post By smitty901

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-05-2018, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Keep the sidecar on the Street?

Now that the RGU and Hannigan sidecar are done do I keep the one on the Street? For now yes. The Street with the Hack is just to much fun to discount it. But long term it really makes little sense to keep two of them. I doubt I would sell the Street 750. have all winter to think about it. Plan to pull the sidecar off to get the bike in the bike room for storage .
I just like having that Street with the hack sitting in the yard. If I want to run to get gas for the lawn mower it works great, grocery shopping , need a part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-08-2018, 11:38 AM

Location: I split my time between rural central Iowa and rural southwest Iowa
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I guess it comes down to whether having the smaller, lighter sidecar rig allows you to do things that you don't want to drag the RGU out for. I can certainly see having a bike with a sidecar and one without, but you still have yet another bike that the Velorex sidecar came off of, don't you?

Formerly known as "PugslyCat" until the account got locked.
2016 xg750 in Velocity Red
2007 Sportster 1200 Custom in blue and silver
post #3 of 6 Old 10-08-2018, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PugslyCat01 View Post
I guess it comes down to whether having the smaller, lighter sidecar rig allows you to do things that you don't want to drag the RGU out for. I can certainly see having a bike with a sidecar and one without, but you still have yet another bike that the Velorex sidecar came off of, don't you?

Yes I have my Fatboy. I am going to take the hack off the Street for winter . That way the Street will fit in the bike room. I can play wit a bit over winter. It really on takes me 20 minutes to remove or install it.
Right now the new one is really grabbing hold of me it is flawless.
Solo750owner likes this.

post #4 of 6 Old 11-02-2018, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I have now put 2,500 miles on the RGU with the new Hannigan twin classic sidecar. No other way to put it than I really like it. The hack is staying on the RGU full time for now. It looks like I will return the Street 750 to , two wheels and play with it.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/PQSBkU]
post #5 of 6 Old 11-03-2018, 07:30 AM

Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage
A side car that doubles as a boat...

More side cars....

Last edited by Solo750owner; 11-03-2018 at 07:53 AM. Reason: A better link added another vid
post #6 of 6 Old 11-03-2018, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
From every early on sidecars have been both a tool and a source of fun on motorcycles. if you can dream it , it has been done. I know a person that has a tool box and a normal sidecar shell and he switches them according to needs by pulling 4 bolts on the same frame.
Yesterday Payton requested to ride the sidecar to her other grandmothers funeral viewing, to the services and to the grave sight. So you bet we did. her Grandmother loved to see Payton ride.
Solo750owner likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page