LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 11-07-2018, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs down A Lesson Learned

In August 2018 I picked up a brand new Street 750, when doing so I noticed a large scratch on the exhaust. I complained and a new exhaust back piece was fitted. I would have thought a pdi would have shown this as a defect and it could have been rectified prior to me seeing it?

I have maintained my own bikes for 30+ years and have never had any problems that would warrant a mention. However:
I intended to have the bike maintained by the dealer for the 2 year warranty period but was apprehensive about doing so as clearly the dealer does not rate cosmetics at the top of his priorities! How right I was.

Bike went in yesterday for it's 1,000 mile service. I waited and handed over 245 for the service.

On arrival back home I noticed several DEEP scratches on the tank so went back to the dealer.

The dealer initially suggested that the scratches were done by my clothing, - has anyone ever lay on the tank of a Street 750 when cruising? when I pointed out that they were DEEP scratches he then suggested that I had done them by polishing my bike and added that when bikes are serviced they put a cover on the tank! I would have believed this had I not looked several times into the workshop through the viewing window to watch my bike being serviced and at no time did the bike have a cover on!

I also pointed out several bikes in the process of being serviced that did not have covers on the tanks - case proved I think!

To cut a very long story short - after much arguments and shrugging of shoulders by the dealer and a complaint made this morning to Harley Davidson UK the tank of my bike is at the paint shop being repaired!

I will let you know how the repair looks.

It should perhaps act as a reminder to anyone who, like me, has an immaculate bike, to take the time when handing over the keys to the dealer to get someone to inspect the bike with you to confirm that there are in fact no scratches etc. on the bike prior to any work being carried out. As for having the bike serviced to retain the warranty - the dealer can go f*ck themselves as they will never see my baby again!!!
Big Rus likes this.

Botty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-08-2018, 01:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That's an ugly reality with most dealers. I do the basic maintenance at home, saving time, money, and of course my peace of mind! That reminds me of getting a centre stand or something to lift the rear.
Botty likes this.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-08-2018, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
I brought a bike lift - was cheaper than a centre stand
Big Rus likes this.

Botty

post #4 of 6 Old 11-08-2018, 06:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I guess have my fair share when leave it at workshop. Change my steering bearing last month, when collecting my bike, the mech says my housing for ignition the thread has broken and it’s loose, WTF... All the while it was not loose, which suspect they have over tighten it, further change bearing do not need to remove the housing.

Been like 6 months since I had the bike, compare to car, I would clean the bike after each ride, and wax after every 2 rides. After all one can have a beer, cigi and a stool while enjoying cleaning...
Botty likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-11-2018, 02:18 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wke002 View Post
Change my steering bearing last month...
I also had my steering head bearings changed last week. I must say I got the bike back in mint condition and the payment invoice was lower than the original quote. Now it rides like new again.
Botty likes this.

2015 Street 750 Vivid Black
post #6 of 6 Old 11-11-2018, 05:18 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botty View Post
the dealer can go f*ck themselves as they will never see my baby again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DattaRaaj View Post
That's an ugly reality with most dealers. I do the basic maintenance at home, saving time, money, and of course my peace of mind! That reminds me of getting a centre stand or something to lift the rear.
Agree with both of you. I bought a lift and now it's the best investment for a bunch of us who use it regularly. The savings are incredible.

Besides, my Street 750 is also unrecognisable from what came out of the dealership.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
Botty likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page