Looking for some advice on my 2018 Street Rod - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rowle

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-13-2018, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Red face Looking for some advice on my 2018 Street Rod

With only 500k on my new Street Rod I have come across a few niggles that maybe somebody can give me ideas or advice. Firstly the foot brake pedal is way too high and is very small, located close to the motor. To use it I have to lift my foot off the peg and hunt for it. I have looked at the 750 Street and note the setup is totally different but the dealer tells me they are not interchangeable however, he did his best to adjust the linkage to its max but this only lowered it a fraction, a rather unsafe situation. Secondly the security system is being a pain. It does not recognise the FOB and I have to fiddle around turning the ignition on and off a few times for it to recognise it. Once this happens and I hit the starter, sometimes there is nothing and I need to place it in gear and give the bike a rock before the starter will engage. Lastly, he neutral light has a mind of its own, works when it feels like it however I have read many complaints about this so I guess this is something to get used to and live with. Apart from that, the XG750A is a willing motor and I like everything else about my new ride. Love to hear some opinions and maybe even a fix or two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-13-2018, 01:48 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
Hi, congrats on your new bike - can't help much but here is my input:

I rode a Suzuki immediately prior to my Street - not a Rod, and found my ride totally different with regard to where I put my feet. If, as you say, the dealer has set up the brake as best he can i.e. there is no more adjustment, then without 'major surgery on the bike' - that is it! Happily I have just a little over 1000 mile on the clock now and my body has grown accustomed to everything and we now fit like a glove. I hope you have similar success.

Had the same problem with my fob - HD changed it (they are available but I think they need to be programmed to your bike) and have not had an issue since.

Neutral mmm, you don't say if the light is off but the bike is in neutral or the bike just won't go into neutral? Again I had a similar thing and have got used to it - I can now (when the bike is running and warm) locate neutral 99% of the time - I find it pretty impossible if the bike is cold though - very strange. Look at previous threads and you will see you are not alone.

Good luck with the new bike - once these niggles are sorted you will love it even more !

Botty
post #3 of 4 Old 11-13-2018, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Will View Post
With only 500k on my new Street Rod I have come across a few niggles that maybe somebody can give me ideas or advice. Firstly the foot brake pedal is way too high and is very small, located close to the motor. To use it I have to lift my foot off the peg and hunt for it. I have looked at the 750 Street and note the setup is totally different but the dealer tells me they are not interchangeable however, he did his best to adjust the linkage to its max but this only lowered it a fraction, a rather unsafe situation. Secondly the security system is being a pain. It does not recognise the FOB and I have to fiddle around turning the ignition on and off a few times for it to recognise it. Once this happens and I hit the starter, sometimes there is nothing and I need to place it in gear and give the bike a rock before the starter will engage. Lastly, he neutral light has a mind of its own, works when it feels like it however I have read many complaints about this so I guess this is something to get used to and live with. Apart from that, the XG750A is a willing motor and I like everything else about my new ride. Love to hear some opinions and maybe even a fix or two.
Hi .
I had same trouble with brake pedal so fitted some bigger pegs to alow my foot to move arond and easily hit the brake lever - see pic.

As far as the alarm, i would get the dealer to sort it as they are normally ok.
Rowle uk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4CB8E20A-FEFD-4F78-BB9D-A9A9080E0F13.jpg (206.4 KB, 34 views)
Young Will likes this.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-13-2018, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for that advice about the larger footpads, could be a way forward for me. I will talk to the dealer about the FOB as there is obviously something not right with it. Thanks.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page