LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 02-21-2019, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
A more sedate ride today

Well, following on from my previous post about mpg being roughly the same at high speed as low speed touring - (I would agree that there were likely other factors involved) - today I had a gentle tootle from (in the UK) Wolverhampton - Matlock - Buxton - Ashbourne - Wolverhampton, 147 miles in total. I made sure the bike was full of fuel before setting off and filled her up on my return.

Unbelievably for the 147 mile trip I only used 10.65 litres. That equates to around 61mpg! Speeds were around 50 - 65 with occasional short bursts of 70+. Also the fuel light never came on before I filled up, which I think would be right anyway cos I believe it comes on at the 2 litres left point?

Only problem is the bike is feckin' filthy now and my Mrs has refused to clean it!!

New wife required methinks !
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (182.3 KB, 14 views)
Marco_dalea likes this.

Botty

Last edited by Botty; 02-21-2019 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Picture is sideways

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page