Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Brand new owner..Oil question

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  wke002 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. A little introduction to me: I'm 53 years old and bought my first bike. HD street 750. I've put a grand total of 40 miles on it this week. I checked oil, and it's pretty low. Is that pretty normal? And, do i need to go back to HD dealer and get HD oil? That's what owners manual calls for and I'm inclined to do that. TIA for any help

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Thanks so much. Turns out,i should have read owner's manual. I've been reading it,but haven't finished. I had no idea you are supposed to check oil with engine hot. [emoji2369]Never heard of that before. I did stand bike up straight when checking oil. After checking with motor hot, oil level looks okay. Thanks so much for responding. This is brand new journey for me. I appreciate all the help i can get. [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Well this is a good place to come for some info.. Do yourself a favor and buy a service manual. It will save you a bunch of money (If you can use basic tools) I do most of my maintenance and it saves a ton of time and money. Enjoy the new ride and have fun!!!

Cheers!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.