Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Crashed!

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  smitty901 
#1 ·
Folks, guess this is my first post. Bought a 500 about 6 weeks ago, a 2015 with 900 miles from the local dealer. Been having a great time riding around the area and love the bike. This past Friday afternoon, on a beautiful ride, it came to an end. I was doing 30 in a 35 zone and an elderly man in a pick up truck coming the other way didn't see me and turned right in front of me. Almost instant head on collision. Been riding for 50 years and this my first accident. I'm doing fine, just very bruised and sore, very lucky as well! Waiting now on all the insurance stuff. The forks are seriously bent, the fender destroyed although the headlight and fairing are fine, I imagine the bars are bent as well. The tank is o.k. and the muffler is pretty bashed up. Concerned about possible frame or triple tree damage. Do you folks think it will be totalled by the insurance?

#7 ·
Just an update. The. Other guy's insurance totalled the bike. Looked around for another 500 but nothing within a couple hundred miles. Found a 2002 sportster in town with low miles and owned since new by a woman i know, so jumped on that. Loved the street, like the sporty, kind of like driving a brick tho. Right leg took the most of the hit and was really swollen and turned as deep purple. Doctor said no apparent long term damage tho. Have a follow up visit on Thursday. Still very sore but have put 60 miles on the sporty!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.