my 2015 750 was my first large cc bike after stop riding for 30 years. here's my last 6 months personal observation, at least the options of bikes available in my country.
I would put about 10-15 bikes street 750 available in my country. they did not bring in the 500. and new importer did not bring in the street after 2017. FYG, Street 750 brand new is selling here at USD14,200 (yeah, incl.all the **** tax/duties)
Was looking at used 883 or 48 as next upgrade, but don't see the huge difference.
1. with our tropical heat, would need liquid cool over air cool
2. in terms of power, does not really make a difference as i don't do drag racing, its sufficent for me now.
3. i love the 750 as its very agile in our traffic jam condition, most times can squeeze in between cars like the many scooters/cub bikes.
4. I join a Harley Group which 80% owns glide type, 19% 883/48 and so far am the only 750 !
5. Was looking at adventure bike, leaving aside 1200cc and abv which is too wide to manoeuvre, cb500x, kawa versys 650 scare would be boring for me (to modify the exhaust loud sounds silly to other bikers on an adventure bike)
6. Was looking also at Kawa Vulcan S (more power) but its just not a Harley !
7. Cafe Style, Triumph T100 could be my next bike, but maybe another 10 more years.
The abv are based on used bikes, within my budget, after all the search looking for upgrades/downgrades, I still think my 750 suits me very well.