LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-17-2014, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I want one of these:

http://thekneeslider.com/harley-davi...-flat-tracker/

Ignore some of the odd commentary in the article, those are not simply lightly modded Street bikes.

That's a lightly breathed on 750 in a full race C&J Cromoly single shock frame. Note the specialized Dirt track tank and rearsection. My guy at the factory tells me they've been working on this since the inception of the Street Program, and they've got well enhanced versions north of 100 hp now. In the right hands it'll walk away from an XR . . .

If it wins on the dirt, the "traditional" HD rider will wrap loving arms around the Street, thus bringing in the one group that might most resist the bike. It will also get the more recalcitrant dealerships on the wagon. A lot more dearlerships might decide to get back into racing as well.
Livin On, HarleyVest and meph1st0 like this.

Last edited by Drydock; 06-17-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-17-2014, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydock View Post
http://thekneeslider.com/images/2014...-side-view.jpg

That's a breathed on 750 in a C&J Cromoly single shock frame. Note the Dirt track tank and rearsection. My guy at the factory tells me they've been working on this since the inception of the Street Program, and they've got mildly enhanced versions north of 100 hp now. In the right hands it'll walk away from an XR . . .

The ones in Austin were stock engines. The ones the Grand National teams will be getting will come with rather more power.

Your link doesn't seem to work.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-17-2014, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Try it now. There's a very nice close up I'd not seen before.

post #4 of 6 Old 06-18-2014, 09:10 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Yeah, nice pic of the Street flat tracker. I wish the consumer version of the Street had some of those components.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-18-2014, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydock View Post
Harley Davidson Street 750 Flat Tracker

Ignore some of the odd commentary in the article, those are not simply lightly modded Street bikes.

That's a lightly breathed on 750 in a full race C&J Cromoly single shock frame. Note the specialized Dirt track tank and rearsection. My guy at the factory tells me they've been working on this since the inception of the Street Program, and they've got well enhanced versions north of 100 hp now. In the right hands it'll walk away from an XR . . .

If it wins on the dirt, the "traditional" HD rider will wrap loving arms around the Street, thus bringing in the one group that might most resist the bike. It will also get the more recalcitrant dealerships on the wagon. A lot more dearlerships might decide to get back into racing as well.
Trust me man you're not the only one who wants one of those Harleys. I mean they say they want to change the demographics of who rides Harleys. Thats it RIGHT THERE. Could you imagine the damage it could to do Japanese and Euro Streetfighters and roadsters? Off the top of my head Its already much prettier than Yamaha FZ-07, Kawi Z1000, Looks just as good as the Monsters.

If we make enough noise it could happen Judging by the comments there is some real interest in the look especially, enough people were wondering if HArley or at least the aftermarket would make the proper pieces available for a DIY flat track look, fuq it, Harley sell it to us AS IS, perfect replacement for the inexplicably killed XR1200, Just nimbler and more modern, not to mention a MAD throwback to the XR750...

<3<3<3<3
Sherri likes this.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-18-2014, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Quote:
Shes a beaut! I can't find anything bad to say about it at all...

Ride Your Ride and Stay Alive.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page