• 1 Post By MGG

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-13-2014, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Mirror extension alert !

After spending a little over $500.00 for cosmetic modifications to my machine there is one mod that is worth the $500.00 alone. Those mirror extensions !
If you don't have-em, get-em. You will not believe the improved rear visibility they provide. I'm impressed.
Seriously people, do yourself a huge favor and get those extensions installed ASAP.The safety factor concerning those mirrors are shameful on Harleys' part.
Actually if Harley doesn't correct that problem themselves I foresee a lawsuit down the road.
Just do it ! It will be the best $55.00 you ever spent.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-13-2014, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I suspect you are right-on with the mirrors. The short-stem might look "tougher" and "cool", but really, the long-stem work much better on bikes' handlebars that need it. One gets used to the appearance of the longer-stem after a short while anyway.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-13-2014, 11:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDawg View Post
After spending a little over $500.00 for cosmetic modifications to my machine there is one mod that is worth the $500.00 alone. Those mirror extensions !
If you don't have-em, get-em. You will not believe the improved rear visibility they provide. I'm impressed.
Seriously people, do yourself a huge favor and get those extensions installed ASAP.The safety factor concerning those mirrors are shameful on Harleys' part.
Actually if Harley doesn't correct that problem themselves I foresee a lawsuit down the road.
I did this too. However, when I'm wearing a jacket, my vision is still partly obstructed when wearing a size 44 jacket. I'm only 5'7".

post #4 of 8 Old 08-14-2014, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Hopefully they do correct it, as for finding out if it's something they will do for the next model year, we might have to contact them for that. It should help.
post #5 of 8 Old 04-19-2015, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Definately needed

The mirror extensions were purchased after the second day I had the bike. The only thing was that they only came in chrome. I will eventually paint them black.

Patrick
Las Vegas
Black Mountain HOG Chapter
750 Street
Mysterious Red Sunglo
post #6 of 8 Old 04-20-2015, 11:13 AM
MGG

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi I purchased the long stem mirrors the day I bought the bike and they just barley worked. Seamed like I could get the left side to show everything but the right side was still a little short to see behind me. So I purchased the extenders as well. Now I have all the flexibility I need. I did not want to get the extenders as I thought it was not as clean looking but the safety factor is well worth it. I did not try the extenders with the short stem mirrors that may have worked as well but I already had the long stem mirrors.

Now I have also seen some little round mirrors added to the regular mirrors (Usually stuck to the corner of the regular mirror) that extend the vision to your blind spot. This will be my next purchase.

mgg
10-64 likes this.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-22-2015, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
When I changed my bars to the drag bars. The mirror extensions did not work as well. I could not see directly behind me any longer. So I purchased a small 2" x 1" stick on blind spot mirror. It does the trick. I only stuck it on one side. It is pretty basic but I can tell if something is directly behind me, $5.99 well spent.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-22-2015, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Been thinking of getting the extensions since I got my bike last month but then I thought it might look better and still be functional to install bar-end mirrors instead, does anybody know of some that'd fit?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page