LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 Old 10-05-2014, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Layla's got a brand new bag

Layla has some brand new bags, Viking Warrior Series Lockable Saddlebags (VW30P). I removed the Viking logo (screw to stud mounting) and replaced them with some eagles I found on ebay. I picked these bags because they are clean with no studs or adornment(except the subtle eagles), matches the look of the bike.

Currently the mount is throw over but I have some lockable brackets I need to rig to get the bags mounted the way I want. The bottom side of the bag has a strap that has no included way to attach to the bike so I purchased strap slide lock buckles at a outdoors shop and synched it up to my luggage rack from below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eagle.jpg (42.9 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg Layla's rear.jpg (69.4 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg Layla's left side.jpg (63.0 KB, 497 views)

Have a Peachy Day.

Last edited by PatLav; 10-05-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 10-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Looks great.

USMC '79-'85 Sgt.
1st Mar Div, 1st FSSG Det A in the Stumps
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
PGR Rider

2016 FLTRXS
2015 XG 750
2003 VRSCA

1982 GS1100GK
post #3 of 35 Old 10-05-2014, 09:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
It's nice to see I'm not the only one with new saddlebags on my street.

post #4 of 35 Old 10-06-2014, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Those saddle bags look great, love the design, it flows well with the rest of the bike. Here's a larger version for everyone to look at:

PatLav and Solo750owner like this.
post #5 of 35 Old 10-06-2014, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLav View Post
Layla has some brand new bags, Viking Warrior Series Lockable Saddlebags (VW30P). I removed the Viking logo (screw to stud mounting) and replaced them with some eagles I found on ebay. I picked these bags because they are clean with no studs or adornment(except the subtle eagles), matches the look of the bike.

Currently the mount is throw over but I have some lockable brackets I need to rig to get the bags mounted the way I want. The bottom side of the bag has a strap that has no included way to attach to the bike so I purchased strap slide lock buckles at a outdoors shop and synched it up to my luggage rack from below.
Look great

I am the Beauty of "Beauty and the Beast"
post #6 of 35 Old 10-06-2014, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
As everyone else has said, it looks great man, thank you for sharing your purchase and the ensuing pictures of it mounted on Layla!

I am very excited to finally stumble upon this precise kind of saddlebag I am looking for on my 750, and one that is incredibly affordable at that! I am very much in need of such a saddlebag because for now (and probably the next couple years atleast) my 750 will be my one and only means of transportation....which I am perfectly content with apart from how much of hassle it is to get groceries and what have you!

When I asked one of the local H.D. Parts employees about when they would be coming out with such a saddlebag (hard leather, lock&key, waterproof, solid structure...you know something respectable compared to this overpriced garbage: Throw-Over Saddlebags | Saddlebags | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store) and he speculated that H.D. won't have anything like your viking saddlebag until fall of next year...and that it would probably be around $700!

So needless to say, I feel that I have put enough money into my local dealership's pocket at this point and will be striving from here on out to get the rest of my desired accessories and parts from aftermarkets outside of the dealership.
PatLav likes this.
post #7 of 35 Old 10-06-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphaltAssault View Post
As everyone else has said, it looks great man, thank you for sharing your purchase and the ensuing pictures of it mounted on Layla!

I am very excited to finally stumble upon this precise kind of saddlebag I am looking for on my 750, and one that is incredibly affordable at that! I am very much in need of such a saddlebag because for now (and probably the next couple years atleast) my 750 will be my one and only means of transportation....which I am perfectly content with apart from how much of hassle it is to get groceries and what have you!

When I asked one of the local H.D. Parts employees about when they would be coming out with such a saddlebag (hard leather, lock&key, waterproof, solid structure...you know something respectable compared to this overpriced garbage: Throw-Over Saddlebags | Saddlebags | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store) and he speculated that H.D. won't have anything like your viking saddlebag until fall of next year...and that it would probably be around $700!

So needless to say, I feel that I have put enough money into my local dealership's pocket at this point and will be striving from here on out to get the rest of my desired accessories and parts from aftermarkets outside of the dealership.
I so agree with you, I have put more than enough money in my stealership's pocket as well, so I am starting to look other places for things for my bike.

post #8 of 35 Old 10-06-2014, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street500owner2 View Post
It's nice to see I'm not the only one with new saddlebags on my street.
Do you have same saddle bags or a different kind??

post #9 of 35 Old 10-06-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVerneKey View Post
Do you have same saddle bags or a different kind??
I have Viking saddlebags but it's nice to see someone take the plunge and actually install saddlebags on the street. If you look at the thread 'Street modifications to a 500' I show pictures of the saddlebags with a Willie G Davison skull logo on them.

https://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/...eet-500-a.html

Last edited by Street500owner2; 10-06-2014 at 06:00 PM.
post #10 of 35 Old 10-06-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyhoonigan View Post
Those saddle bags look great, love the design, it flows well with the rest of the bike. Here's a larger version for everyone to look at:

Hey harleyhoonigan, it looks like you took that picture at the zoo and I was just thinking you treat your chimpanzees pretty good there with giving them a Jacuzzi to play with.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page