LAG & LEAP (again) - Page 24 - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

124Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #231 of 334 Old 07-28-2015, 09:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I traded mine in at the Kawasaki place. They gave me a very good trade in $$$$. After trade in and taxes and stuff i owed 1k out the door. i got the white and love it. Forward controls , The display is amazing, with a tach. milage to empty, Plus seems like all the mod and add ons are gonna be lower price
Really like the Street but loving the Vulcan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #232 of 334 Old 07-29-2015, 05:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah I will look into that. I want a KTM 390 Duke myself so I will swing by a dealer and see what they say.

Oderint dum metuant
post #233 of 334 Old 07-29-2015, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
@ Street750Nc,

I wonder if the "Kawasaki place" will figure out how to fix the problem before they sell your trade to someone else? It seems that H-D can't or won't. I bought the STREET for what it is, exactly, unaware of the L&L issue. As such I plan on keeping it awaiting a permanent fix, should that be forthcoming. If this bike was my principal source of transportation I would certainly be tempted to look elsewhere; in my case it isn't. One thing that's perplexing about the "problem" is the total uncertainty as to when it will appear. In reviewing the comments and from my own experience this inconsistency, alone, creates a feeling anxiety that we, certainly don't need!

post #234 of 334 Old 07-29-2015, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesskelter View Post
Why wouldn't they? They bypassed the bs of dealing with you and warranty claims and sold you on a bike that costs a decent bit more.
I tried to trade mine in on a Dyna and they offered me a pittance for my bike because they know what I paid for it. I was pissed! I didn't know that the amount I paid had any bearing on the value. I walked out determined to use the Lemon Law after the next failure to get my ENTIRE purchase price back.
post #235 of 334 Old 07-29-2015, 12:08 PM

Garage
I just called and talked to Michael at Corporate. Funny, I didn't tell him the make or year of my bike, just explained the problem and he asked "what is your Street's VIN?" I asked how he knew it was a Street and he said HD is aware of this issue and is working on a permanent solution. He couldn't tell me what that solution is or how long it would take. Only told me to fuel up more often.

I think it's BS the onus is on us to prevent this serious safety problem. If my brakes were failing would they tell me to drive slower???? Good they're working on it but they need to put profits and shareholders in the back seat and customer safety in the front. They should be pulling these from the market until a fix is in place. How will it look when someone is injured or killed?
JONBERG likes this.
post #236 of 334 Old 07-29-2015, 12:28 PM

In the past few years I've been impressed with what I thought was H-D's improvement in an attitude that was once terrible. No more waiting a year just for the privilege of just getting to buy one, etc. My 02 SOFTAIL purchase was clean and it served me well until physical limitations necessitated me to sell it. I thought that my riding days had come to an end but then came the STREET. I thought WOW all the ergonomic attributes that I need without sacrificing much in the way of power; this will work. Indeed it does but, obviously, the L&L issue puts a damper on the whole experience. Now, back to "attitude"; H-D's lack of forthrightness in recognizing and correcting this issue, heretofore, is stunning! If this prompted me to look for a different ride I would certainly not give [them] the satisfaction of making another handsome profit just because they won't correct a problem with the last profitable transaction. Indeed there are a plethora of other brands making good reliable bikes and contrary to folklore H-D is NOT the only game in town!
Static07 likes this.
post #237 of 334 Old 07-29-2015, 01:44 PM

@Static07,

"he said HD is aware of this issue and is working on a permanent solution......................I think it's BS"

Well it SURE IS BS! Just last week I was told by "David" at corporate that "the problem was solved". Question: Is this outfit simply discombobulated or, worse, full of pathological liars? Here is another simple question: H-D has been making EFI fueled bikes for at least 13 years (my 02 SOFTAIL being one) without, to my knowledge, any significant issues. Why, after months and months of the STREET issue being known, can't they or won't they fix it? It just can't be "Rocket Science", can it? I hope that [they] read this forum every day.
Static07 likes this.
post #238 of 334 Old 07-30-2015, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
When I bought my Street (March), it came with a deal that I could trade it in within a year and they would give me my purchase price toward another bike. That said, I'm confident HD will fix the problem and I have no intention of trading it in. I love my Street!
post #239 of 334 Old 07-30-2015, 10:37 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie View Post
When I bought my Street (March), it came with a deal that I could trade it in within a year and they would give me my purchase price toward another bike. That said, I'm confident HD will fix the problem and I have no intention of trading it in. I love my Street!
Sounds like you have a good dealer. I'm happy you are in love with your bike. Safe riding!
post #240 of 334 Old 07-31-2015, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My dealer called me today to let me know that my 750 was on the recall list for a fuel pump replacement, cross my fingers that I get a improved pump when they're back in stock.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page