User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 12-29-2014, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Harley Street Chip

When I bought my new truck, I learned of aftermarket chip changes that would/could provide better power performance or fuel performance....

Has anyone heard of such a thing for the Street?

I'm researching my upgrade from the Honda Rebel and I've pretty much settled on the Street. I'll likely pull the trigger once I'm comfortable the "lag an leap" issue has a solid fix...

Has anyone in the DFW, TX area purchased one? Any buyers remorse?

Thanks
Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-29-2014, 08:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I have the fulepak but haven't used it yet because my bike is in the shop right because of lag and leap issue.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-29-2014, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
A simple remap of the ECU isn't going to give you much in the way of performance gains. However, a freer flowing exhaust and intake, as well as an FP3 or HD Stage 1 flash should provide noticeable performance gains. Keep in mind, you're not going to be seeing a 10-20 hp gain, maybe something like 3-5, but that's still roughly 5-10%. You'll probably want to do that anyway, as the stock muffler is embarrassingly quiet. A V&H, SE, or any of the other aftermarket slipons will get you closer to what it should sounds like.

www.youtube.com/howlonwheels
Motorcycle Film Festival
1973 CB500 Four
2015 HD Street 750

post #4 of 4 Old 12-30-2014, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobullhd View Post
I have the fulepak but haven't used it yet because my bike is in the shop right because of lag and leap issue.
I haven't experienced the lag and leap issue so far and concerned about doing too many modifications that could void the warranty if this issue does happen. Since you have the fuelpak, I assume you may have an exhaust and air intake as well? Are these items installed and is the dealership giving you any problems with your warranty for this lag and leap issue?
I'm awaiting arrival of my V&H exhaust, air intake, and fuelpak and thinking I may just install the slip-on exhaust for now and hold off on any other mods just in case. I have to install the exhaust! As HowlOnWheels said, the bike is embarrassingly quiet and since nobody seems to know how to drive anymore, I'd like to ensure others can hear me.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page