LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-17-2015, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Back Cover of Scremin Eagle

Hey Guys,
I am new to the forum, so my apologies if this question was asked a million times earlier.. What is the impact of removing the back cover on the Screaming Eagle Exhaust? I have a Stage 2 Air breather installed... Will my bike still be "affected" by removing the back cover? Please advice.! Thanks in Advance!

-Charan
Epijay likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-20-2015, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charan Brahmandam View Post
Hey Guys,
I am new to the forum, so my apologies if this question was asked a million times earlier.. What is the impact of removing the back cover on the Screaming Eagle Exhaust? I have a Stage 2 Air breather installed... Will my bike still be "affected" by removing the back cover? Please advice.! Thanks in Advance!

-Charan
I have all the plates removed.have not faced any issues as of now
post #3 of 3 Old 01-21-2015, 03:42 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charan Brahmandam View Post
Hey Guys,

-Charan
Hi Charan,
Having installed a stage two air breather, you have facilitated better aspiration of the engine. Now, by removing the plates from the exhaust, you have improved the scavenging as well. Further, you have reduced the back pressure from the exhaust also. So, in effect while the engine is breathing easy and also purging the exhaust gases better (in theory you have made the engine more efficient and it will produce more power at the higher end of the engine revolutions), the engine will run leaner and hotter which is not good for the engine.
Therefore, I would suggest go in for a remap or a fuel management module delivering a richer mixture to the engine. This will further improve the performance and more importantly, not let the engine run lean and hot, which is detrimental to your engines health.
Epijay likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page