High Frequency HandleBar vibration mods? - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

4Likes
  • 3 Post By kbull
  • 1 Post By Epijay

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-09-2015, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
High Frequency HandleBar vibration mods?

Hi,
took my 750 for a long drive at 1200 KMs on the ODO.. Discovered a high freq vibration that "buzzed" my hands after an hours drive even through my Olympia gloves.. Has anyone modded their handlebar/bike to reduce these vibes? Better gloves have been suggested as also a few other gizmos..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaCggwGz3ZQ

Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-09-2015, 03:49 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
youre gonna struggle with this one , problem is the engine is hard mounted , rubber engine mountings would solve it , or an adapted top triple tree with some damping mechanism . either way its a custom job .
be interesting to know how you resolve it .
Solo750owner, AYEDEE and Epijay like this.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-27-2015, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbull View Post
youre gonna struggle with this one , problem is the engine is hard mounted , rubber engine mountings would solve it , or an adapted top triple tree with some damping mechanism . either way its a custom job .
be interesting to know how you resolve it .
KBull,
I've ordered the vibranators- depending on how the customs folks here in India behave, I should be able to insert and test in a month or so..
Solo750owner likes this.

post #4 of 6 Old 02-27-2015, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
im not sure if handlebar ends will cure it , if it was me I would have bought or made anti vibration risers , either modified some Harley ones or bought aftermarket ones from that auction site , hope yours work , let us know.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-12-2015, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi folks, I'm really new here, and I have only a very few miles under my belt on the 750 Street.
I, too, am surprised at the buzz/vibes at the throttle grip.

I am going to buy bar end weights - maybe even the kind where the right one works as a sort of "cruise control".
If they still make them, I'm also going to order a "Bar Snake" which is a big thick piece of rubber that fits tightly inside the entire length of the bars. Between the bar snake and some bar ends, I hope to make it more livable. The other thing would be to put one of those big spongy (kinda ugly) throttle grips on.

It's been so long since I had to deal with vibration, as my previous bike was a surprisingly smooth rubber mount Sportster.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-10-2015, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a first time rider and I recently purchased the Street 750. However, I noticed the numbness on my hands (specially my left), after about 10-15 minutes of long rides. I heard about bar end weights, but none are available for the Street-750.
Anyone else with similar problems?
Are there clip-on style end weights?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page