1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 04-14-2015, 04:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Tuning

Hi people, I'm about to have the screaming eagle exhaust and air filter fitted to my 500, there may be better exhaust out there but this is the only one my dealer here in Australia supplies which won't void warranty. I have been quoted $472 for exhaust and $108 for air filter, I was given a discount on this amount which I paid 6 weeks ago when I picked up my bike, but had to wait for these accessories which only arrived yesterday..........does my bike need re-tuning??? I haven't been told about a tune nor been charged for it. I will ask my dealer on Thursday when my bike goes in but thought I would ask here first and prepare myself for any extra money I may need for the tune, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-14-2015, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I am picking my bike up tomorrow and have also purchased the tuner with the screaming eagle pipe and air filter.

My understanding is that the bike does need to be tuned if you are doing the air filter, not sure of the technical reason

There is another thread that discusses the pipes
Navyvet likes this.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-14-2015, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bow2986 View Post
Hi people, I'm about to have the screaming eagle exhaust and air filter fitted to my 500, there may be better exhaust out there but this is the only one my dealer here in Australia supplies which won't void warranty. I have been quoted $472 for exhaust and $108 for air filter, I was given a discount on this amount which I paid 6 weeks ago when I picked up my bike, but had to wait for these accessories which only arrived yesterday..........does my bike need re-tuning??? I haven't been told about a tune nor been charged for it. I will ask my dealer on Thursday when my bike goes in but thought I would ask here first and prepare myself for any extra money I may need for the tune, thanks
You're going to need a Stage 1 download more than likely to tune your engine for the increased airflow. Many many options to choose, from a simple download to buying an aftermarket tuner for your bike. It's been my experience that those map updates usually cost $100 +/- a pop when the dealer flashes a map to your bike. If you plan on doing other things, buying your own tuner might be cheaper. If you're doing the pipes and aircleaner and that's it for engine mods, the dealer flash would be fine.

I've been dealing with Steve Cole from TTS mastertune personally. He's kinda my eyes and ears in right now with the Street 750 and he's kind enough to keep me in the loop with some of the engine developments that he's been involved with on the bike.

Some days I like to go fast and other days I like to try stupid things on my bikes.

www.youtube.com/user/haulinonalo

post #4 of 11 Old 07-26-2015, 01:39 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
how did you go with the tune sona71 and bow2986 ? we are also in Australia and looking at doing some mods to my sons 500. I am trying to find someone that has had a 500 or 750 engine apart, I am keen to see if the 750 cyls will fit the 500. they are the same stroke and on paper the difference is the bore size. keen to find out what else is different
post #5 of 11 Old 07-26-2015, 02:16 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Different crankshafts, camshafts, and rockers.

The text above is my opinion. Feel free to ignore it. I do.
post #6 of 11 Old 07-26-2015, 04:44 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesskelter View Post
do you know the difference between the crankshafts ? I wonder why they would build two different crankshafts that offer the same stroke ? Cams and rockers would be no major drama but the crank has me wondering. are thee any engine schematics available anywhere yet
post #7 of 11 Old 07-26-2015, 05:16 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Hey guys - I have the PowerVision from DynaJet - about $429-$499 in the U.S. - if you get from FuelMoto in Chicago they even include the sun visor and bar mount - awesome for all tuning - the stage 1 tune is a common one. I use mine for gauges, rev and gear - once I get more comfortable with bike I'll consider screaming eagle stage 1 kit, but only for noise presence and safety - I'll do cams and top end work once I'm off my learners - the PowerVision is the best by far, in my humble opinion.

P.S - I thought of the Vance & Hines FP3 but you are limited to 1 bike - period!!!!

Ray
post #8 of 11 Old 07-26-2015, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiHOG View Post
Hey guys - I have the PowerVision from DynaJet - about $429-$499 in the U.S. - if you get from FuelMoto in Chicago they even include the sun visor and bar mount - awesome for all tuning - the stage 1 tune is a common one. I use mine for gauges, rev and gear - once I get more comfortable with bike I'll consider screaming eagle stage 1 kit, but only for noise presence and safety - I'll do cams and top end work once I'm off my learners - the PowerVision is the best by far, in my humble opinion.

P.S - I thought of the Vance & Hines FP3 but you are limited to 1 bike - period!!!!

Ray
I have the PowerVision also. There is a tune table available for XG with SE slip on exhaust and SE high flow air filter from Dynajet, that's why I purchased it.
You can use it on any bike for displaying the gauges and such, but for tuning it is married to one bike. You need to purchase additional license ($199) for tuning each additional bike.
post #9 of 11 Old 07-26-2015, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by denidave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesskelter View Post
do you know the difference between the crankshafts ? I wonder why they would build two different crankshafts that offer the same stroke ? Cams and rockers would be no major drama but the crank has me wondering. are thee any engine schematics available anywhere yet
I do not. I just have a copy of the parts manual and it shows they are different between models.
post #10 of 11 Old 08-11-2015, 09:25 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
My memory eludes me , but I believe the stroke changed on the 750 as well as the bore, I will have to look at the phd again.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page