• 1 Post By StoneFree

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-03-2015, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Unexpected Experience Today

I had an unexpected experience today and I'm very surprised to say the least.

My wife and I had ridden many different bikes through the years and most have been Metrics; She owned a Harley Sportster 1200 from 2001 and man, that was a peppy little bike that was just very painful to ride. It always put her hands to sleep and made it hard to operate the clutch and the break from the buzzing.

Well, today we went to the Harley dealer to discuss trading in her Can-Am Spyder (she wants to be back on 2 wheels) for a Street 750 so, the dealer let us take out the stock 750 and the upgraded model with the Screaming Eagle Exhaust for a test drive.

I tell you what, I was floored by the experience! This was not the Harley of old for sure, this was a completely modern design and very beautiful bike to ride around town or on the highway!

I have ridden Royal Star 1300s, Intruder 1500s, 4 Cyl Sport Bikes, My Wife's Can-Am, Honda 750s, Suzuki 800s, 250 Sports, 500 Sports, Triumph 800+ CC bikes and my current Ninja 650 (Love that bike). Out of all these bikes that we have ridden and or owned, this little Harley was my 4th favorite bike in terms of experience (Only the Royal Star (V4 1300), Intruder LC VL 1500, and the Ninja 650 are above it on my list) and this is easily my favorite low end to middle weight cruiser on the market.

I honestly believe that Harley has done an Amazing Job with this bike and it has Incredible balance and very nice acceleration for its displacement.

I can really see this bike sending Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha back to the drawing board for their entry level cruisers (The Kawasaki Vulcan S is probably the only real competitor for this bike in this class). I swear if anyone were to ride a Shadow 750, Suzuki C50 or M50, or Kawasaki Vulcan 900 and then ride the Street 750... It wouldn't even be close, the Harley far outclasses all of them!

I absolutely loved this bike and the way it handled! I still remain extremely impressed with the ability to sit with my foot on the pegs for about 5 seconds waiting for a light or opportunity to turn as none of the competitors are anywhere near this balanced and this has a big impact on cornering as well.

Seriously you guys have a great bike here and we're going to trade hers in on a used 2015 model that is loaded later this week! So, I will probably be taking it to work from time to time and I can't wait to get that puppy in my stable!

Oh and don't be so quick to give up this bike, I have a feeling many of you will regret getting rid of it!
StoneFree, AYEDEE and Myk.b like this.

Last edited by Jackal; 05-03-2015 at 11:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-04-2015, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
I had a 750 Honda Shadow before this bike. No comparison - this bike is so much fun and so easy to ride.

Enjoy!
post #3 of 4 Old 05-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
4000 plus miles, mine is going no where! I will keep it til I croak.

Of course I can say that because I have others... but you are very correct the XG750 is a great machine!
AYEDEE likes this.

USMC '79-'85 Sgt.
1st Mar Div, 1st FSSG Det A in the Stumps
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
PGR Rider

2016 FLTRXS
2015 XG 750
2003 VRSCA

1982 GS1100GK

post #4 of 4 Old 05-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Garage
I've been on many motorcycles of all sizes from many manufacturers and enjoyed them all but the Street is unique in many respects. I don't know if I'd call it superior from a riding standpoint but it is a unique and very enjoyable motorcycle to ride. And it is a Harley and that alone makes it very unique because of the Harley community that is like no other.

AYEDEE likes this.

Always remember that for every mile of highway there are two miles of ditches.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page