LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-26-2015, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Question Ignition

This is my first fuel injected bike so I am not sure if this is standard or if something is wrong with my bike. I feel as though there is a problem though. So when I fire up the bike it starts and if I am not holding in the ignition switch for an extra 5-10 seconds it will just stall. In my car with the push button start I press once don't hold in and it goes. I feel its odd that it just stalls out after firing. Is not enough fuel transferring with the fuel injection that is causing this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-26-2015, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoung048 View Post
This is my first fuel injected bike so I am not sure if this is standard or if something is wrong with my bike. I feel as though there is a problem though. So when I fire up the bike it starts and if I am not holding in the ignition switch for an extra 5-10 seconds it will just stall. In my car with the push button start I press once don't hold in and it goes. I feel its odd that it just stalls out after firing. Is not enough fuel transferring with the fuel injection that is causing this issue?
I am a little confuse, so you turn the the key in the ignition, and then the bike starts when you press the start button. Is that what you are calling the ignition? are you holding the clutch in if it not in N. I am not sure what it is that you are saying is happening...sorry

I am the Beauty of "Beauty and the Beast"
post #3 of 8 Old 05-26-2015, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Garage
The next time you go to start up the bike wait and listen for a short solenoid sound as soon as you move the run switch to on. As soon as the stop then hit starter. It should fire up right away. When its really cold like 38f. It will take a lot cranks. Try not to ride the starter. If you dont hear that sound before cranking then contact the dealership.

post #4 of 8 Old 05-26-2015, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
So I turn in the key then slide the switch, hear the fuel, push the button after it finishes and it starts. If I let go of it as soon as it starts it shuts right off. So I have to hold it in for an extended time to let it almost cycle a new amount of fuel to the direct supply where it will continue to run.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-26-2015, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Garage
How long is an extended amount of time? I have to hold the starter button for a full 1 or 2 seconds, maybe 3 at most. I don't just push quick and release.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-16-2016, 03:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoung048 View Post
So I turn in the key then slide the switch, hear the fuel, push the button after it finishes and it starts. If I let go of it as soon as it starts it shuts right off. So I have to hold it in for an extended time to let it almost cycle a new amount of fuel to the direct supply where it will continue to run.
Did you fix the problem?
I'm actually having the exact same problem.
I brought it to dealer to check twice, but they couldn't find any problem.
It was about 5 seconds 2 months ago, now it takes more than 10 seconds to start, and I HAVE to squeeze the throttle.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-17-2016, 06:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Sounds like a bad fuel pump to me or could be water in with the gas a clogged fuel line or a bad battery its hard to say.
you didn't put gasoline with methanol in did you that it with eat up the fuel pump seals and other problems i'm sure
I think you have a bad fuel pump.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-12-2016, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunsik View Post
Did you fix the problem?
I'm actually having the exact same problem.
I brought it to dealer to check twice, but they couldn't find any problem.
It was about 5 seconds 2 months ago, now it takes more than 10 seconds to start, and I HAVE to squeeze the throttle.

My bike has been away for the winter though I did go riding the other day. I could've held the start in longer out of habit but it did not do it this time. I have also been sick as a dog and don't really remember. Hopefully in a couple weeks I will be riding more and I will find out.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page