Recall - 2015 STREET MODELS RIGHT SIDE RIDER FOOT CONTROL MOUNTING SCREWS - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By suineg
  • 1 Post By HowlOnWheels

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 07-02-2015, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Product Program - 2015 STREET MODELS RIGHT SIDE RIDER FOOT CONTROL MOUNTING SCREWS

Hi guys and girls,
Did a quick search on here before I posted this and didn't find anything so forgive me if this topic has already been covered. Finally got this in the mail today.

2015 STREET MODELS RIGHT SIDE RIDER
FOOT CONTROL MOUNTING SCREWS

Dear Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Owner:
Our records indicate you are the owner of a 2015 XG model motorcycle. Harley-Davidson has recently discovered that the rider right foot control mounting bolts on some model year 2015 XG model motorcycles may have been assembled with an improper torque.
In the interest of customer satisfaction, Harley-Davidson is offering a no cost inspection and correction
service (Product Program 0919) to the owners of affected 2015 XG model motorcycles.
While this is not a safety issue, we urge you to contact your authorized Harley-Davidson dealer to schedule an appointment to have the product inspection service performed. The service will be performed at no cost to you if performed within two years from the program announcement date. The service will require less than one-half hour to perform, however, due to scheduling, your dealer may request to have your motorcycle for a longer period of time.
This no cost offer expires two years from the date of the program announcement
To verify that the service has been completed, your dealer will ask you to sign an acknowledgement when you pick up your motorcycle.
We thank you for your cooperation. We regret any inconvenience this may cause, but we have taken this action in the interest of your continued satisfaction with our product.
Sincerely,
Harley-Davidson Motor Company

Sounds like a simple check but a good heads up for those riding to have a look at their bikes.

Safe riding!

Last edited by Matatac; 07-02-2015 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Incorrect subject heading
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-02-2015, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Scan of the description
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (70.9 KB, 56 views)
post #3 of 8 Old 07-02-2015, 09:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Every member is seeing Recall in the right hand side little toolbar and freaking out that it might be for the Lag and Leap problem!!

Thanks for the info though. I already replaced mine with some aftermarket so I am good but I am sure other people need to take theirs in.
ElTeeFauci likes this.

Oderint dum metuant

post #4 of 8 Old 07-02-2015, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I just called my local dealership about this and they told me that there is no such recall showing up on their "networks."
post #5 of 8 Old 07-02-2015, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
I've got a torque wrench, this is a 5 minute solution at most.
tdcmoto likes this.

www.youtube.com/howlonwheels
Motorcycle Film Festival
1973 CB500 Four
2015 HD Street 750
post #6 of 8 Old 07-02-2015, 07:10 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphaltAssault View Post
I just called my local dealership about this and they told me that there is no such recall showing up on their "networks."
That's because it is not a recall it is a (product program)
There are a few bikes out there that they think may have not had the screws torqued properly.None of the ones we sold were involved in this.
But if you are concerned call your dealer and have them check.
There was a recall on the license plate reflector(you know the one that everyone removes once they get the bike home) That was missing on some bikes.Hope this makes sense.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-02-2015, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I apologize for the wording.

You are right, it wasn't a recall but a voluntary Product Program.

Either way, as long as riders are aware of it that's all that matters.

Enjoy your day on the roads.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-02-2015, 10:24 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Tru Dat

Good point!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page