Load Equalizer - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

 18Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 10-09-2015, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
aabhisheksingh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Load Equalizer

Guys, i hav installed LED turn signals on my bike, can anyone advice on following,
1. Which load equalizers to use?
2. Separate equalizers for front & rear?
3. Which Brand to use?

I GOT THE POWER......
aabhisheksingh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 Old 10-09-2015, 08:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 766
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
if I remember right from web surfing info a while back, yes you will need two equalizers.....one each for front and rear signals


other wise they'll blink too fast....
brand?....at this moment I cant advise ya, but they are all fairly inexpensive.


I added audible beepers to my turn signals under the rear of the seat but didn't use equalizers and everything works good.


at lower speeds I can hear them to remind me to turn off my turn signals
aabhisheksingh likes this.
Rock270 is offline  
post #3 of 18 Old 10-09-2015, 01:52 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Go to New Rage Cycles website. I just installed a fender eliminator from them and I bought a load equalizer. It is literally a snap to put it on.


New Rage Cycles: Harley Davidson Street 500 Aftermarket Motorcycle Accessories
AYEDEE and Rock270 like this.
Sean OBrien is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 Old 10-10-2015, 03:10 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
aabhisheksingh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean OBrien View Post
Go to New Rage Cycles website. I just installed a fender eliminator from them and I bought a load equalizer. It is literally a snap to put it on.


New Rage Cycles: Harley Davidson Street 500 Aftermarket Motorcycle Accessories
Thx for the tip.....

I GOT THE POWER......
aabhisheksingh is offline  
post #5 of 18 Old 10-12-2015, 03:22 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I did the front and rear at the same time and was concerned that I didn't receive any loud equalizers.
Seems you don't need em.
They hyperflashed after I completed the rear but corrected after finished the fronts as well.
I figured they only be necessary if you're running led and stardard bulbs on the same circuit.
Beau is offline  
post #6 of 18 Old 10-13-2015, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
aabhisheksingh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
I did the front and rear at the same time and was concerned that I didn't receive any loud equalizers.
Seems you don't need em.
They hyperflashed after I completed the rear but corrected after finished the fronts as well.
I figured they only be necessary if you're running led and stardard bulbs on the same circuit.
Nope, i hav installed both front and rear LED turn signals, but still they are blinking very fast, specially when i switch all four all together....

I GOT THE POWER......
aabhisheksingh is offline  
post #7 of 18 Old 10-16-2015, 10:08 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
I have seen some flasher relays on ebay that do the same thing for less than the cost of the equalizers.
aabhisheksingh likes this.

Street 750 Vivid Black
HID Headlight
Firebrand Loose Cannon
Scott Hart is offline  
post #8 of 18 Old 10-17-2015, 02:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 766
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aabhisheksingh View Post
Nope, i hav installed both front and rear LED turn signals, but still they are blinking very fast, specially when i switch all four all together....

curious, what do ya mean when you switch all four together?


does your bike have hazard 4 way's where all four blinkers flash?


my ST does, but my street 750 does not....just curious what do you mean?
Rock270 is offline  
post #9 of 18 Old 10-19-2015, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
aabhisheksingh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock270 View Post
curious, what do ya mean when you switch all four together?


does your bike have hazard 4 way's where all four blinkers flash?


my ST does, but my street 750 does not....just curious what do you mean?
Yes i hav installed the hazard switch, which switches on all four together.....
Solo750owner, Vicks and Rock270 like this.

I GOT THE POWER......
aabhisheksingh is offline  
post #10 of 18 Old 10-19-2015, 07:28 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Chandigarh, India
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
hi aabhisheksingh


can you please detail how u installed the hazard switch and the stuff required for diy.


Thank you
Solo750owner and Rock270 like this.
Vicks is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pre-Load 750Steel Harley-Davidson Street General Discussion 20 06-21-2016 03:12 AM
How to load a motorcycle properly gears Off-topic Discussion 13 07-26-2014 10:39 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome