Street 500/750 Swing-arm Bag - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

3Likes
  • 3 Post By Gorfnard

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 04-08-2016, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Street 500/750 Swing-arm Bag

Greetings fellow Street 500 & 750 riders.

This is my first post, so be kind

I have just picked up a 3 month old 2016 street 500 and was looking to put a swing-arm bag on it. Now I know I stumbled across a picture of one on this forum ages ago, but for the life of me I can't seem to find it again no matter how much I search. I remember reading another post where someone said that the sporster bag will fit, so I went to my local Harley dealer and told them this, they said that it would not be possible without doing modifications and would I like to buy some throw-over saddlebags? (No I wouldn't). I'm not planning to travel great distances so have no need for large amounts of storage, just want somewhere to put my phone, a couple of tools, a bottle of water etc, I don't want a bum-bag (fanny-pack in the US I think), tank bag, fork bag or a backpack and I don't want to fit a luggage rack. So I went home all dejected and decided to catch up with Facebook, and guess what I see three posts in? the attached picture (edited to show the important bit and because it's not my photo). Anyway I make contact and ask where, what, how, and find out that they ordered it with the bike from the same Harley dealer I had been at just hours before.

I will have to take a return trip to the dealer and, armed with this new information, press them a bit more about how this can be achieved. But as I'm away for a couple of weeks, I was wondering if anyone here has done this or knows how it can be done? I would prefer to fit it myself if it's a simple job, but if what the dealer says is true and there needs to be modifications done to fit one, I will have to go with that as I don't want to void my warranty.

So any info that anyone has (type of bag, mods/no mods required, easy/hard DIY job) would be much appreciated because surely there must be other Street 500/750 riders out there that need just a little extra storage and would benefit from this information as well.

Cheers for now, and keep it upright.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5109a.jpg (19.0 KB, 196 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-10-2016, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
dam i been wanted something like this! to keep raincoat!
post #3 of 6 Old 04-25-2016, 04:57 PM

i think it:

Single-Sided Swingarm Bag-90200570
Part Number 90200570
$179,95
Finish / Color: Black

but official HD does not put ours XG in fitment list

post #4 of 6 Old 04-25-2016, 05:10 PM

i like this one also, price is about $75, PVC:
Willie & Max Revolution Universal Swingarm Saddlebag

dimensions is 11.5*10,5*4,5
should fit XG...
post #5 of 6 Old 06-27-2018, 11:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Let's get some closure on this thread please lol

What ended up working out or did anyone find out regarding swingarm bags and fitment?

I've recently gotten a set of hard shell viking bags put on that I think are too bulky to leave on all of the time

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #6 of 6 Old 08-06-2018, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
here's mine. I made this work Just used the straps and went around my belt guard. Easy, have about 5k miles with it on, with no issues.

https://www.vikingbags.com/sportster...-swing-arm-bag
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bikebag.jpg (495.7 KB, 16 views)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page