User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-01-2016, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quick release windscreen

I went ahead and removed the speed screen and installed the quick release windshield today. Looks pretty good and definitely makes riding at speed a lot more comfortable.

Had a question for anyone who has also done this. What did you do with the brake line for the front brake lever? It was attached to the bracket that the speed screen attaches to and that bracket has to come off to get the quick release windshield on. Do you just leave it unattached? Or do you attach it to something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-01-2016, 07:10 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
Actually, You only need to remove the Lower mount for the "Speed Screen" I left the Upper in place because of the Cables and Hose. One day I may buy another Upper Bracket and Modify it.

2016 Hyundai Tucson SE Coliseum Grey AWD

2018 Custom 1200
post #3 of 4 Old 07-01-2016, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hmm, definitely says to remove it in the service manual when removing the speed screen. Didn't say jack about the cables and hose though.

At some point I would like to see if I can convert the speed screen to a quick release so I can switch easily between the windshield and the speed screen.

post #4 of 4 Old 07-01-2016, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
Line 2 of my Installation Sheet says to,

Remove Fairing Leaving the Control Cables and Upper Fairing Support Bracket in place.

Line 4 just instructs to Remove the Fairing Bracket. But doesn't specify which one. After looking at the Cables and Hose, I just left the Upper in place as instructed in Line 2.

On a Side note, I don't like the way the Hose is routed. The Service Dept at my dealership looked at it. Said it was fine.

2016 Hyundai Tucson SE Coliseum Grey AWD

2018 Custom 1200

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page