LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 08-18-2016, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Windshield, not a fan

Anybody else get the windshield and not like it? Any suggestions on how to adjust it so it doesn't beat me up?

2016 XG750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-18-2016, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
What I don't like about the windshield is how much it cost, and the fact that it requires removal of the front fairing. There's actually a much more cost friendly one on Amazon that was designed to work WITH the fairing. Odd that Harley themselves couldn't do that.
Link to the windshield here

2016 Street 5̶0̶0̶ 750
post #3 of 7 Old 08-18-2016, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I have the HD windscreen and love it. The one hint I would give you is make sure you raise it as high as possible. I removed the top bracket that the speed screen attaches to which gave me a little more room. I also moved the signals down a bit so that the top bracket would fit above them on the fork tubes. Moving it up the extra couple of inches completely eliminated the buffering I was getting with it lower.

Your mileage may vary. I am not very tall (5'9") so if you are taller you may not see any benefit..

post #4 of 7 Old 08-18-2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaClocker View Post
What I don't like about the windshield is how much it cost, and the fact that it requires removal of the front fairing. There's actually a much more cost friendly one on Amazon that was designed to work WITH the fairing. Odd that Harley themselves couldn't do that.
Link to the windshield here
I didn't really mind the cost, but I don't like that I can't easily switch back and forth between the speed screen and the windshield. Someone needs to make a quick release speed screen so I can go back and forth.
UnaClocker likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-19-2016, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeive View Post
I have the HD windscreen and love it. The one hint I would give you is make sure you raise it as high as possible. I removed the top bracket that the speed screen attaches to which gave me a little more room. I also moved the signals down a bit so that the top bracket would fit above them on the fork tubes. Moving it up the extra couple of inches completely eliminated the buffering I was getting with it lower.

Your mileage may vary. I am not very tall (5'9") so if you are taller you may not see any benefit..
Do you have any pics of this setup? I'll try to get everything moved around this weekend and see if it helps.

2016 XG750
post #6 of 7 Old 08-20-2016, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullet View Post
Do you have any pics of this setup? I'll try to get everything moved around this weekend and see if it helps.
I took this picture to show what the tribal mirrors looked like but you can see the full setup of the windshield too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XG750-1.jpg (161.4 KB, 61 views)
post #7 of 7 Old 08-23-2016, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
This seems to have helped a bit. I need to get a few more miles and maybe adjust it some more before deciding if I like it or not.

2016 XG750

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page