New handlebars without new cables?? - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

3Likes
  • 1 Post By tony tbags
  • 2 Post By Jmiske1

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 08-24-2016, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New handlebars without new cables??

When I looked into getting drag bars for my 750, I ordered the ones available on the HD website.. They told me I would've had to pay another $600 for new cables because they weren't long enough.. I by no means have the tools or know how to actually do it myself. I like the biltwell trackers but will I need new cables if they're too long or too short? Or does anyone have a suggestion on a set of bars that will give me a more aggressive position without needing new cables?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-24-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky5445 View Post
When I looked into getting drag bars for my 750, I ordered the ones available on the HD website.. They told me I would've had to pay another $600 for new cables because they weren't long enough.. I by no means have the tools or know how to actually do it myself. I like the biltwell trackers but will I need new cables if they're too long or too short? Or does anyone have a suggestion on a set of bars that will give me a more aggressive position without needing new cables?
Hey Ricky I dont know if this will help but I just did the Harley drag bars on my 500 and used all the stock cables with no issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0967.JPG (90.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0968 (2).JPG (103.8 KB, 50 views)
post #3 of 7 Old 08-24-2016, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEGENCH View Post
Quote:
Hey Ricky I dont know if this will help but I just did the Harley drag bars on my 500 and used all the stock cables with no issues.

Those look great!! Which bars are those? And did you have to reroute them in any way? Again in going to have my local Harley dealership install them but last time I tried with the bars on the HD website they told me I'd need new ones

post #4 of 7 Old 08-24-2016, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I also have drag bars, no need for different cables. I had my dealer install them, charged 1 hour of labor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike1.jpg (99.4 KB, 41 views)
Alocos likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-24-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Those look great!! Which bars are those? And did you have to reroute them in any way? Again in going to have my local Harley dealership install them but last time I tried with the bars on the HD website they told me I'd need new ones
Those are the Harley-Davidson drag bars. I don't know what a dealer will tell you if you have them install the bars as I put mine on myself and no I didn't have to reroute anything other than cut the zip ties off and put new ones on when done.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-24-2016, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEGENCH View Post
Quote:
Those are the Harley-Davidson drag bars. I don't know what a dealer will tell you if you have them install the bars as I put mine on myself and no I didn't have to reroute anything other than cut the zip ties off and put new ones on when done.
They told me for those exact bars I would need new cables. I guess im ping to look into doing it myself. Doesn't seem too difficult based off a lot of people doing it I figure.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-25-2016, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I have drag bars on mine. It's an easy install to do yourself. No new cables required. Only thing I double checked was the holes before I drilled for the control housings
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1472153633595.jpg (294.2 KB, 43 views)
BodybagJonny and Alocos like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page