ISO vance&hines comp slip on exhaust - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ceddie

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 02-14-2017, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
ISO vance&hines comp slip on exhaust

Looking to buy a vance&hines comp slip on exhaust if anyone has one for sale or has anyone found one online cheaper than the $399 prices I am seeing? That's a bit steep for a slip on exhaust in my opinion. For those of you who own one already.. Is it really worth that price well above all other brands? If anyone is ready to part with theirs just let me know please!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-14-2017, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Stop being stingey dude!

Sent from my VFD 300 using Tapatalk

Oi oi oi
post #3 of 7 Old 02-14-2017, 11:37 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
I think that it's the worst sounding slip on available for the street. The TBR, firebrand and bassani slip ons all sound great. Deep and throaty without sounding blatty like the V&H.

I chose the TBR over the Firebrand because the finish matched the rest of the exhaust perfectly while the firebrand doesn't quite match (sounds killer though and is quite a bit cheaper). The TBR is the same price as the V&H So if price is the main concern I'd recommend the Firebrand

Last edited by LithiumZero; 02-14-2017 at 11:39 PM.

post #4 of 7 Old 02-14-2017, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Lol stingey. The only reason why I truly considered v&h slip on is because I know it would link perfectly with the fp3. I've heard videos of the v&h and it basically just enhances the sewing machine sound of the bike lol, I honestly wasn't too impressed by it for the price point. I've been looking hard into CC slip on.. It's short, loud, and the price point doesn't make me cringe.

Here's a link for other people to look into it also... $289.95 isn't terribly bad for a good looking stubby pipe.
Harley Street 750 slip on muffler, XG muffler, Harley Street 500 slip on, Street 750 muffler street 750 custom parts
post #5 of 7 Old 02-15-2017, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I love our V&H intake but the exhaust sounded like a wet fart in a metal garbage can...

Check out the Firebrand offerings. we went with the Loose cannon and it sounds great.
LithiumZero likes this.

A well armed hippie with a poor attitude about how the left has redefined 'Liberal'.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-15-2017, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage View Post
Lol stingey. The only reason why I truly considered v&h slip on is because I know it would link perfectly with the fp3. I've heard videos of the v&h and it basically just enhances the sewing machine sound of the bike lol, I honestly wasn't too impressed by it for the price point. I've been looking hard into CC slip on.. It's short, loud, and the price point doesn't make me cringe.
The FP3 works fine with any slip on. Regardless of what brand muffler really need to autotune anyway.

Last edited by LithiumZero; 02-15-2017 at 02:45 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 02-15-2017, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I may just hold off on getting a slip on exhaust after installing V&H VO2 filter. I just have the stock pipe with the baffle removed and with the fp3 and high air flow filter it sounds like a beast and the performace and overall smooth performance of the bike after adding the VO2 filter is better than I expected. Woop woop! But, if I decide to invest in another slip on pipe I will definitely go with the chappell customs pipe. To HEdoublehockeysticks with v&h slip on.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page